1.    #1  
    sooo I wanted to find a nice cover that would protect my pre when I drop it ... Which happens a lot... I tried all those plastic snap on covers... They suck to no end... Then finally Otterbox came out with one... I was skeptical because it's another snap on case. But I ordered it off amazon.com for almost half the price advertise on the otterbox website. And all I have to say is WOW it's such a great case, slides in and out of my pocket just fine... It's solid and can withstand drops....all the buttons are still accessible .... I have the zagg invisashield and the Otterbox case makes this phone feel like a armored phone.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It really is a nice case. I don't have one at this time, but plan to once they make it touchstone compatible. I actually had the opportunity to chat with several otterbox reps a few weeks ago and told them about our community (one of them had heard of us). I mentioned about the touchstone compatibility and they didn't have any ideas for it, so I showed them my phone with the plastic cover from Verizon that's compatible (not my fav, but it'll do for now). They made notes and loved the information I have them and said they would discuss it with the dev team when they went back.
  3.    #3  
    yea I hope they can come out with the Defender series like they have for blackberries....that thing is 3 layers
    Quote Originally Posted by nerelda View Post
    It really is a nice case. I don't have one at this time, but plan to once they make it touchstone compatible. I actually had the opportunity to chat with several otterbox reps a few weeks ago and told them about our community (one of them had heard of us). I mentioned about the touchstone compatibility and they didn't have any ideas for it, so I showed them my phone with the plastic cover from Verizon that's compatible (not my fav, but it'll do for now). They made notes and loved the information I have them and said they would discuss it with the dev team when they went back.
    I gave them info on the Touchstone Months ago (jan2010). I would have went with otterbox if the TS would have been supported.. instead using AFG with the TS back.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I gave them info on the Touchstone Months ago (jan2010). I would have went with otterbox if the TS would have been supported.. instead using AFG with the TS back.
    According to the reps, they weren't sure how to go about making it compatible. *shrugs* I do know they are working on it though.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    This is probably a question with an obvious answer, but do you have to use both sides of the Otterbox at the same time? I think I could live with the Otterbox on the front, and the Touchstone cover on the back, since it doesn't scratch as easily as the regular back does. I know it won't withstand a fall on concrete without getting damaged, but I would take that chance...
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    yea I hope they can come out with the Defender series like they have for blackberries....that thing is 3 layers
    moving parts makes that series impossible for the pre. maybe for the pixi, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    This is probably a question with an obvious answer, but do you have to use both sides of the Otterbox at the same time? I think I could live with the Otterbox on the front, and the Touchstone cover on the back, since it doesn't scratch as easily as the regular back does. I know it won't withstand a fall on concrete without getting damaged, but I would take that chance...
    I actually tried that today with my Body Glove case. It *works* in that the top part will stay in place without the bottom, but the phone is awkward because the top part of the slider is thicker than the bottom.