Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Am a new and very satisfied Pre owner - just got my Pre maybe 4 or 5 days ago from my local (Southern Oregon) Sprint store and it's far and away the BEST smartphone I've ever used (that includes some very good Blackberries and Nokias) or played around with (iPhones & Android devices as well). What a great phone!

There's only one minor weird irritation which the phone has exhibited - which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

When I'm in a car - and sometimes at home - I pair the Pre with a bluetooth headset. I have an excellent Blueant Z9i - which initially seemed to "pair" perfectly with my Pre.

But here's the problem. Sometimes the headset needs to be recharged. When it's charging it goes into a 'standby' mode - when it's done charging I must activate the headset again by powering it on -

When it powers on, it's supposed to 'pair' (connect) automatically with the phone. But instead, what happens is - it connects briefly for around 1-2 seconds - then it disconnects.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I'd appreciate suggestions or advice. Thanks in advance!

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've never gotten my pre to work with my Z9i. I get the exact same behavior. I finally bought a different headset...
    Ive have nothing but bad luck w/ BlueAnt
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I love my pre and every thing about it but the BT radio sucks i have had 5 diff headsets and it has static and such i took it to sprint and got a new one after that all was god you may just have a bum blue-tooth chip
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I love my pre and every thing about it but the BT radio sucks i have had 5 diff headsets and it has static and such i took it to sprint and got a new one after that all was god you may just have a bum blue-tooth chip
    Well, actually, maybe I'm just lucky (knock on wood) but so far, the Bluetooth has worked excellently with my BlueAnt Z9i headset (which BTW also worked perfectly with my previous phone, a Blackberry Curve).

My problem is that after recharging the headset, even though it's supposed already 'paired' with my Pre - the Pre won't/can't connect with it. It connects briefly - for 1-2 seconds - then drops the connection.

The only workaround I've figured out is that every time I use the headset, first I have to open up Bluetooth Preferences and delete my old BlueAnt headset pairing - and then RE-PAIR with it. Once I do that, it works perfectly.....UNTIL I have to recharge the headset....then it starts all over again.

But when it's paired and working, there's no static and no connection problems at all.

It's highly frustrating to say the least.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    Do ants turn blue because they eat corn chips made of blue corn? Something to ponder...
    My blew aunt is just about as much trouble. I have to reboot the BT on the phone for it to re-sync. I find it's too much of a PITA to use the blew aunt...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I've done extensive searching and scouring of all posts about the BlueAnt Z9i headset on the Precentral Forums.

A number of users report problems similar to mine - with an endless connect/reconnect loop which seems to happen when the headset gets recharged (which makes it go on 'standby')

Other users say or claim that their Z9i's work "perfectly".

Are those who are getting their devices to work 'perfectly' doing something I'm not? Do you have to somehow update the firmware of the headset?

Or is it OS related? Most of the people who said their Z9i's were working well - were using earlier OS's (1.3) at an earlier time. Since I have a new Sprint Pre I'm running 1.4.1 straight out of the box - did this headset work well with previous OS's but is now incompatible with the new WebOS?

I'm almost at the point of giving up unless someone can come up with a suggestion or a fix......anyone?????????????

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    I had great luck with Z9i pair with my Treo 700P. I just picked my new Pre 5 days ago and I had the peoblems mentioned while using my Blue Ant.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Weird update: now, for the last day, my BLueant Z9i has....suddenly started working again. No problems reconnecting with my Pre after waking up from a recharge session.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it's working now and wasn't before....

Only possible idea is: at some point after repairing/re-connecting it a day or so ago, I may have restarted the Pre.....I read something somewhere about if you restart your Pre after pairing with a BT/bluetooth device....it makes the connection somehow more....permanent?

Anyway, it seems to be working now.....keeping my fingers crossed.

Weird

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have a BlueAnt V1 and nobody can hear me. I thought I was buying one of the best on the market and I can't use it. It connects fine but everybody complains.