1.    #1  
    The touchstone is almost an equal deterrent to webos itself that will keep me from jumping to another platform like the EVO. Do you think it will carry forward to future devices?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I don't see why it wouldn't.
    my question is more, will the next palm device use the same touchstone?

they are sort of related lol
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  4.    #4  
    I agree cursiv, if your required to start over with a new touchstone, then that defeats the purpose as well.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    my question is more, will the next palm device use the same touchstone?

they are sort of related lol
    if it doesn't work with the next device i will be ****ed!
    hopefully they release the next device soon or it won't matter if it supports the current touchstone or not
    I'd bet my right pinky finger that all future HP Palm smartphones will support today's Touchstone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm sure they'll keep the Touchstone; there are several same-technology products on the market as third-party accessories for other phones now (but Pre's is the best because it is native, doesn't need a special charging case, is angled instead of flat, and is the smallest). I think it is the charging future for cell phones and other devices. Well, between that and the wireless power that is being worked on.
    I hope wireless power (or Witricity, if you will) eventually becomes standard, hopefully in my lifetime. For me this is the holy grail of charging technology, and I hope they blanket the nation with it, so no one ever needs to worry about low battery on their gadgets again.

Until that happens, yes, I'm sure they will carry on with the touchstone charger. It really is a great accessory.
    It better be or nearly everyone who bought a TS is going to be ****ed. Hopefully in the future they will have a TS that is powered wirelessly even if I has to be bigger I would buy one.
    Nikola Tesla just visited me from the grave, and said: "2014."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I don't undrrstand how it would be a dealbreaker if you would have to plug it in. I mean if you switch to the EVO, you would still have to plug it in as well.

anyways, I really hope that they come out with a new version of the Touchstone that also features wireless syncing. Now THAT is the holy grail of charging/syncing.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'd do some research on the Evo before making your choice because it is going to have a short life as the most "powerful" Android phone. The Snapdragon CPU is going to show its weakness very quickly. The GPU built into the CPU is very weak. Even the iPhone 3GS has a more powerful GPU in it. I've done some testing of the Snapdragon on the HTC Incredible and in the more graphically intensive games, the framerate was inconsistent.

With future phones coming out from companies like Motorola who use the PowerVR GPU chipset, the Snapdragon is going to be left in the dust.