Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

    I need some help. On the Jawbone Icon review at PreCentral I saw a comment describing this problem so I know I'm not the only one with it.

    "I just tried the A2DP update. It confirms it has installed and updated my Icon. I have deleted and re-paired with the Pre, and rebooted the Pre. But still music is routed through the handset not the Icon."

    I've restarted and repaired the phone and the device multiple times. Any help?

    Thanks,
    Jake
  2. #2  
    I'd try deleting the pairing with the Icon and then re-pairing it to the phone.
  3.    #3  
    I've already done this several times. I even tried renaming the Icon on my computer and then re-pairing in case it was still saving something with the old name.
  4. #4  
    I have yet to try the A2DP, but-
    How do you keep this thing in your ear?!?!
    Even the smallest ear piece just falls out! and I'm not a small person!

    Thanks!
  5. #5  
    I have an Icon and had the same problem pairing, but only once. I noticed I had it paired with my ipod touch as well. Just unpair with everything else, then only pair the pre with it. It should work then...
    "The Pre is nice..."
  6.    #6  
    Thanks pdiddy. I had to do this and also A2DP was turned off in the "Advanced Settings" menu. I didn't see that option the last time I plugged in the device. Doesn't make sense to me, if I installed the A2DP firmware they should assume I want A2DP turned on. Working stellar now, though!

    Chull, the larger the ears, the larger the ear buds. Fit Option A is made so the bud goes in your ear, and the loop holds the bud in by pushing against the inner part of the ear. Not the canal. Just play around with the many fit options they have and find what works for you.
  7. #7  
    well - guess I'm an oddity. NONE of the included buds fit in my ear channel! with no bud on it just barely fits.
    I'm not a small person and while I haven't co0mpared my ear channel with anyone elses I don't think mine is that small!!
    The A2DP is working fine, but what's the use if I have to hold the jawbone in my ear!!
    Rats!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    well - guess I'm an oddity. NONE of the included buds fit in my ear channel! with no bud on it just barely fits.
    I'm not a small person and while I haven't co0mpared my ear channel with anyone elses I don't think mine is that small!!
    The A2DP is working fine, but what's the use if I have to hold the jawbone in my ear!!
    Rats!!

    Pick up some Jabra mini-gels. Not only will they improve the fit in your ear, they also do a better job of channeling the sound into your ear. As a result, the sound quality and volume is much enhanced!

    I bought mine in a Verizon store, although you can of course order the online.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblacken View Post
    Pick up some Jabra mini-gels. Not only will they improve the fit in your ear, they also do a better job of channeling the sound into your ear. As a result, the sound quality and volume is much enhanced!

    I bought mine in a Verizon store, although you can of course order them online.
    Dumb question. Do they fit the Jawbone Icon?

    How is the A2DP quality?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  10. #10  
    Yes, they fit the Jawbone Icon very well.

    The sound quality is good, although obviously not on par with a pair of quality headsets that you would use for listening to your music.
  11. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    I have yet to try the A2DP, but-
    How do you keep this thing in your ear?!?!
    Even the smallest ear piece just falls out! and I'm not a small person!

    Thanks!
    I got a custom earpiece from Avery for my Jawbone II and it works perfectly for my Icon. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it for me. The custom fit is great and it also amplifies the sound.

    Avery Custom Earpiece


    .
    .
    .
    FrankenPre2!!!
  12. #12  
    I am thinking about picking one of these up. Are you guys happy with your purchase? Is it performing as expected?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am thinking about picking one of these up. Are you guys happy with your purchase? Is it performing as expected?

    I've had mine for almost a month now. I ended up getting Jabra mini-gels for a more comfortable fit in my ear, and to amplify the sound. The earpieces they included tended to make my ear sore.

    I've been happy with the sound and I've heard no complaints from people I talk to. The A2DP feature is great, and it's neat the way the ICON speaks in your ear when it powers up and tells you the remaining talk time. I also like that I can charge it with a standard micro USB cable.

    The only minor disappointment has been battery life. If I'm on a lot of conference calls, there have been occasions where the battery has run completetly down by late in the afternoon. I don't believe I'm getting the purported 4 hours of Talk time. I'm probably averaging around 3 hours. My old Plantronics bluetooth had much better batterty life.

    However I'm happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblacken View Post
    I've had mine for almost a month now. I ended up getting Jabra mini-gels for a more comfortable fit in my ear, and to amplify the sound. The earpieces they included tended to make my ear sore.

    I've been happy with the sound and I've heard no complaints from people I talk to. The A2DP feature is great, and it's neat the way the ICON speaks in your ear when it powers up and tells you the remaining talk time. I also like that I can charge it with a standard micro USB cable.

    The only minor disappointment has been battery life. If I'm on a lot of conference calls, there have been occasions where the battery has run completetly down by late in the afternoon. I don't believe I'm getting the purported 4 hours of Talk time. I'm probably averaging around 3 hours. My old Plantronics bluetooth had much better batterty life.

    However I'm happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again.
    Great thanks for the info. I will also be conference call heavy, so I hope the icon can keep up. How long does it take to charge back to full?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Great thanks for the info. I will also be conference call heavy, so I hope the icon can keep up. How long does it take to charge back to full?
    It has a quick Charging cycle. The manual says you can charge it back to 80% capacity in about 40 minutes, and a full charge in about 90 minutes. I've found that to be accurate. Many times I'll charge it from the USB port of my laptop while I'm working, so I've always been able to use it when I need it.
  16. Poitier's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #16  
    I love the jawbone icon with my pre it's a marriage made in heaven.
  17. rj5620's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poitier View Post
    I love the jawbone icon with my pre it's a marriage made in heaven.
    Is your Pre a Sprint or VZ?

    Thanks

    6/14 update. After resetting my Jabra BT350 it works great with podcasts on my Sprint Pre
    Last edited by rj5620; 06/14/2010 at 12:50 PM.
  18. #18  
    I have a Verizon Pre Plus and a Jawbone Icon and they work perfectly together!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions