1.    #1  
    I have a good 110V inverter in the car anyhow for my laptop, and it works great with my $20 touchstone. My inverter also has a USB port for charging, but apparently it doesn't have enough juice for the touchstone. Works great with the AC adapter, though!

So it goes from 12V DC to 110V AC to 5V DC, but it works!

Just a thought for those trying to get a touchstone working in the car. You can get an inverter pretty cheap at Wal-Mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I have a good 110V inverter in the car anyhow for my laptop, and it works great with my $20 touchstone. My inverter also has a USB port for charging, but apparently it doesn't have enough juice for the touchstone. Works great with the AC adapter, though!

So it goes from 12V DC to 110V AC to 5V DC, but it works!

Just a thought for those trying to get a touchstone working in the car. You can get an inverter pretty cheap at Wal-Mart.
    I use a 75v inverter in my Surburban and it charges pretty good, I wonder if it is enough "juice" though?
    The palm vehicle charger does good for me. As long as it puts out 1 amp then it works like the wall charger.
    I've used my car charger, plugged into the touchstone and worked great.

Kind of pointless to not use my car charger directly with the phone but I was bored during a long road trip and wanted to see if it worked. It did. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I bought the Palm Car charger just to be used with my TouchStone in my car. I don't see why it would be better to plug it in since the TS charged nearly as fast and is so much easier.