Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I know many members have Airaves but I just wanted to share my story.

I received a text notification from Sprint advising that a change was made to my account. Well I didn't make any changes so I called Sprint customer (*2) to find out what happened. They told me that Best Buy (where I bought my opening day Pre) credited my account(?). Weird. Ok.

Since I had them on the phone, I said I had a weak signal in my house and I wanted to know where I can buy an Airave (retail store told me to call Sprint). I was totally cool with paying for the unit and the MRC. They surprised me again by offering one to me for free, waived the MRC and had it shipped overnight.

The whole conversation lasted all but 5 minutes.

I have yet to set it up.

This made my day.
    Ha, that is cool.

I remember when the Pre originally came out and members were getting free Airaves.

And LOL, I see that you are also from Nor Cal. I'm from Chico, CA
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    SF here!
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    SF here!
    My dad worked in San Francisco, 5 years ago, but we lived in Hayward. I used to ride across the San Mateo bridge every day!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    You guys drove?
    How long have you been a customer? Are you a business customer? Do you have a spending limit? Do you remember which department or person you spoke with? Just asking because I get a ******bag or snappy woman every time, after I'm forwarded from the non-native support, and I have zero good things to say about Sprint's customer service.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    malpha:
    1) "How long have you been a customer?" 10 years.
    2) "Are you a business customer?" No but I have a business plan (business essentials or something or other)
    3) "Do you have a spending limit?" My MRC that never changes. I never spend more.
    4) "Do you remember which department or person you spoke with?" I contacted customer care through my handset. (*2)

Don't get me wrong. I've had a love/hate relationship with Sprint over the years. So this free Airave came as a big shock to me.

Their rates prevent me from defecting to Verizon.