Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I picked up 2 TouchStone chargers and a OEM Car Charger. One was the kit so I have an extra back just incase.
    I got one on clearance at Radio Shack and am thrilled with the price, but I guess I misunderstood. It doesn't seem to do anything if plugged into my laptop or other USB port... even the ports that are supposed to be 1000mA. (lightning bolt)

Any way around that?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Saw these over on Amazon.com: [url= Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Service[/url]

I am going to snag a few. I'll let you know how they turn out. Hopefully they are indeed OEM. That'd make my day!
    ordered one and it is indeed oem stuff...schweet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBradford View Post
    I got one on clearance at Radio Shack and am thrilled with the price, but I guess I misunderstood. It doesn't seem to do anything if plugged into my laptop or other USB port... even the ports that are supposed to be 1000mA. (lightning bolt)

Any way around that?
    I don't think it will work. I didn't think a pc could ever put out enough juice through a usb port. I've seen hard drive cables that have two connectors to get enough power to run the drive by combining the power. Maybe that could help. Anyone know what the max output is from a pc us port?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't think it will work. I didn't think a pc could ever put out enough juice through a usb port. I've seen hard drive cables that have two connectors to get enough power to run the drive by combining the power. Maybe that could help. Anyone know what the max output is from a pc us port?
    Standard USB hub ports can provide from the typical 500*mA[2.5 Watts] of current, only 100*mA from non-hub ports. USB 3.0 & USB On-The-Go 1800*mA[9.0W] (for dedicated battery charging, 1500*mA[7.5W] Full bandwidth or 900*mA[4.5W] High Bandwidth), while FireWire can in theory supply up to 60 watts of power, although 10 to 20 watts is more typical.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    thanks. That says that two usb ports together might be a le to drive the touchstone. I wonder if I can a cable like that in my cable drawer. I will check and see if I an test it...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I can confirm that Sam's Clubs has Radio Shack-operated mobile phone kiosks that are currently selling the entire Touchstone Kit for $19.99. This post saved me $60. Thanks!
    Picked up a Touchstone for $15.99 at the Radio Shack in Cypress, TX off the 290 & Spring Cypress (NW of Houston). They had 2 left today, so anyone in the area needs to get over there!

Also picked up a pack of 3 screen protectors for $4.
    I was unaware of everyone discontinuing the TS. Mine was tolen from my car and I just searched all over Dallas and nothing. Did find a car charger for 10 though :/
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234