Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Yes!
    Just picked one up and lovin it..
    Finally a fair/reasonable price for the TS.

I especially like how Pandora will show song info with the screen locked and dim with the time. (seems to stay at around 104 with Pandora running on TS)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Just got one. Really excited!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i never go to radio shack, thanks to this site and this post or i don;t think i would have ever owned a touchstone, not worth 50+ dollars to me ... 20 though? heck yeah!

i have had my pre since launch day and never had a touchstone until now, how did i last so long without it - LOL
    I got mine today too it was the last one they had! Thanks for the tip, I love it so much better than having to remove the little door and plugging in the charger.
    got mine today! Turns out my phone already had the back plate for it. Loving it so far.
    picked up the last two at my local shak today!

also grabbed a palm car charger, also on sale for 12.

turns out the car charger works with the stone, so I will be working on a clean looking set-up
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    launch day sprint pre user, never thought the touchstone was worth $60...just grabbed 2 kits for $20 apiece in Pikesville, MD...lovin it!!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I got mine today and love it.

I have a Blackberry with a charging pod, I missed that. Then I saw the ts on precentral and knew I had to have one, or two.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up... picked up a 2nd one today... one for home, one for travel. What a deal.
    Snatched one up. Inductive charging is awesome. I'll never get another phone that doesn't have it!
    What are you guys recommending for ac adapter + usb cable?
    The ones at radio shack were as much as the touchstone kit itself...
    May go to Fry's and see what they have.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    hmmm
    New to the TS and all but I had it on there for about an hour in airplane mode (nothing running) and just checked the temp and it was at 108. Is this an average reading?
    It never got that hot from just the wall charger.. .
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    hmmm
    New to the TS and all but I had it on there for about an hour in airplane mode (nothing running) and just checked the temp and it was at 108. Is this an average reading?
    It never got that hot from just the wall charger.. .
    I did notice the increase in heat. The fact that it's using a magnet to send an electrical charge between the phone and the touchstone might have something to do with it. Anyways 108F (42.2C) is safe within safe battery temperatures. A bit high, but nothing to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Saw these over on Amazon.com: Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Service

I am going to snag a few. I'll let you know how they turn out. Hopefully they are indeed OEM. That'd make my day!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    You can get the palm-brand wall adapter and palm branded cable for less than $10 delivered from Amazon... that's the way to go. i bought several to go with the TS buyout I just did at a local radio shack.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/11/2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Some stores still have this stuff. I bought out two stores today. Found several more in Atlanta area that still have touchstones and/or backs in stock. They all have car chargers (usb cable and adapter - works with touchstone to create a car kit!

Let me know if you need more info. Might have to sell one of these, because I really have too many now...
    Thanks to this thread, in the last week I've spent $95 on my Pre.

- 3 touchstones ($60)
    - 2 extra OEM wall chargers ($18)
    - 1 OEM car charger ($12)
    - 2 feet of industrial velcro ($5)

At original retail prices that works out to $250. Thanks guys!
    At Radio Shack:
    I bought 2 touchstones, and 2 kits (that's 4 TS and 2 backs total)
    I bought one car charger

From Amazon:
    I bought 2 wall chargers ($9 delivered from Amazon.com)

That was about $115 for $330 list price of accessories. All genuine Palm...

I wish I had realized that some stores had the kit for the same price as the TS, and I would have gone that route... Why would RS sell the kit for the same price as the TS? Life is good!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Since I am waiting on AT&T, I now have accessories and no phone. I was able to pick-up 1 ts, 1 ts kit, and 1 car charger.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Saw these over on Amazon.com: Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Service

I am going to snag a few. I'll let you know how they turn out. Hopefully they are indeed OEM. That'd make my day!
    I ordered these and my order just came in, confirmed these are the original Palm chargers that came with the Pre. At only $5.95 it was a great deal.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast