1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's worth repeating.

Thanks to Dan from WebOSRoundUp(@vara411 on Twitter) I learned that Radio Shack has all Palm accessories on clearance.

I picked up the full TouchStone Kit with Pre back for $19.99 (normally $90). It was the last one at this particular store, but surely many stores still have them.

All other Palm accessories including cases, chargers, etc. are also on crazy prices.

So head to the nearest Radio Shack and see what you can dig up. I am going to some other Shacks tomorrow to pick up more Touchstones for the office and the car.
    I picked up 2 chargers
    this sale seems to be pretty confusing... i've read various reports stating different things. i went to 2 radio shack stores and talked to a 3rd one today, and was told this:

$19.99 = the touchstone ONLY; does not include cable or wall-plug
    $9.99 = touchstone back
    $12.99 = car-charger kit which includes the cable and the cigarette lighter plug
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    this sale seems to be pretty confusing... i've read various reports stating different things. i went to 2 radio shack stores and talked to a 3rd one today, and was told this:

$19.99 = the touchstone ONLY; does not include cable or wall-plug
    $9.99 = touchstone back
    $12.99 = car-charger kit which includes the cable and the cigarette lighter plug
    I think all three of those are correct, except the first one - $19.99, was for the Touchstone Kit at the RS I went to. The "Kit" is the Touchstone puck, and a Pre back.
  5.    #5  
    Correct. None of the Touchstone packages come with the power cord. You'll need to use the one that came with your Pre or buy a separate one.

The kit I got has the Touchstone puck and the inductive back for the Pre for $19.99 instead of $90. They also had Pixi backs sold separately.
    yup i just checked it out too and it does say 19.99 online.

Cell phone power - Phone & radio communication power - RadioShack.com.
  7.    #7  
    The one they are selling online is only the dock. It does not appear to include the Pre back.

If you have a Pre, you can get the kit containing the dock and the inductive Pre back for the same $20. I guess that deal is only available at their retail locations.

Of course, if you already have a Pre back or you have a Pixi, the dock by itself for $20 is still a great deal.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    First I heard of this,thanks BLUBBLE!!! I bought one kit a couple months back that was used for 25 bucks. I thought that was a good deal, but damn 20 bucks new. I just hope the next gen webOS devices use the same stone.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Guess I shall be heading to Radio Shack this morning to get one of these. Their website says they are in stock at my local store.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think all three of those are correct, except the first one - $19.99, was for the Touchstone Kit at the RS I went to. The "Kit" is the Touchstone puck, and a Pre back.
    Actually when I went to RS yesterday both the Kit AND the touchstone only were running 19.99. side case with the belt loop was 14.99 (or maybe 13.99). Palm car charger was 12.99. Those were the only ones I remember off the top of my head. The TS Kit may be getting scarce though.

In case anyone is curious, yes the cord that comes with the car charger can also be used as a data cord. I actually swapped the cords from my wall charger and car charger as I have a plug on my desk and I found the cord on the car charger too short. Before that though it was funny watching my wife try and put my phone up to her ear while it was plugged in in the car though.
    I picked up 3 chargers, 1 for myself and 2 for my sisters. Thanks for giving the heads up yesterday! This little upgrade has made my pre complete.