1.    #1  
    Hi all. So like most people here i have a nice pre/touchstone set up for my car. I listen to pandora in my car and use the aux port in the car to connect the music from my pre to my car's stereo. However i want to get rid of the exposed wiring. So i was wondering if someone could recommend a bluetooth receiver that would receive the bt signal from my phone, and route it to my car stereo via the aux port?

I would prefer something that i can keep on perpetually (that i can keep charged with a power inverter hooked up to the cigarette lighter) and that will automatically pair with the pre when it comes in proximity. I've searched high and low and have found several items that might do the trick, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger before i do more research. Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I use a soundfly BT and it works GREAT! Auto pairs as soon as I turn the car on (I have it switched with my ignition) -- It plugs into a ciggarette lighter and even has an FM transmitter which is awesome for rental cars, etc. Most of the other ones I've seen have a battery that needs to be charged, that's why I chose this one.

The only annoyance that I have is that text/email notifications are not played through the stereo and that the ringer volume is REALLLLLLLLY loud.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Soundfly-Ultim...bosnation0e-20

It also has an aux out and a microphone in.
  3.    #3  
    That's a bit on the steep side price wise but it seems like it does everything i'm looking for. Thanks, i'll sleep on it.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    I am thinking this:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-car-kit.html

might be what you are looking for......
    I bought but don't yet have the BlackBerry BlueTooth to 3.5 1/8 adapter: Amazon about $44 if I remember right.
    I'll let you know how it works when I get it.
  6.    #6  
    That kensington LiquidAux is exactly what im looking for so i pulled the trigger. I am worried about the ground loop issues, since my cars have always had ground loop issues, but knowing that kensington sends out a free loop isolator sealed the deal. I'm assuming you are rather happy with it's performance?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    I'm assuming you are rather happy with it's performance?
    Yes, I have liked mine, except for the issues noted about the poor quality microphone. I think I paid like $25 including shipping. There is a little remote that mounts on your steering wheel that works with the Pre.

I was also able to use the Kensington with the Touchstone. I had to modify a cable as mentioned in the thread.

Hope it works out for you!
    I use the Kensington liquidaux and it works great! It pairs automatically every time I'm get into my car.
    what is the best bt device that can stream music on bt and then transfer it via fm to my car radio? tnx
    and one more, what about soundfly bt and kensington liquidaux? orwhat can be better else?
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    what is the best bt device that can stream music on bt and then transfer it via fm to my car radio? tnx
    I've had a Motorola T505 that did this and was quite happy with it (gave it away once I got a car stereo with built-in bluetooth). My only complaint is that the FM function turns itself off too quickly when there's no audio coming through (like if the music is paused for more than a minute or so...) It also has a speaker though so your audio will always get to you somehow, and the automatic station finder with frequency announcement more than makes up for the FM timeout!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    I had a Blackberry Stereo Bluetooth Gateway on discount for 50$CAN at La Source. Works really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    I had a Blackberry Stereo Bluetooth Gateway on discount for 50$CAN at La Source. Works really great.
    I concur! I use my BB Audio Gateway every day. Works like a charm. There's no battery on it, though, but it'll take a standard BB car charger. Isn't that microUSB or the earlier one? I do know the chargers are all over the place though.
    Just want to throw in a vote for a Moto T605. I just bought one on amazon for $43. It has 2 outputs (which can be kind of a pain); the music outputs to RCAs, but the hands free outputs to either line-level wires (which if you have a compatible stereo, provides full integration into your car speakers) or you can use the supplied speaker to output phone calls. It is a very sleek system (especially if you can integrate it or can find a place to hide the speaker) and provides alot of wire length to work with whatever car you have. Oh yeah, the best part is this: rather than tie up your only aux input, it has an aux input built in so you can use a non-bluetooth mp3 player as well.
    has anyone gotten the BB audio Gateway to work with Phone Calls?
    Mice only works for media, not calls.

Thanks!
    I bought a couple of things. The Kensington is by far the best that I have used. The Miccus bluetooth receiver is just for music. The Kensington is great. The music sounds great and the ability to pair as soon as you turn in on once you get in the vehicle is a plus. And the price, $25.00 through buy.com, is the good thing and I received it in 4 days. I will upgrade to bluetooth stereo, but until then, the Liquidaux IMO hands down is the bluetooth that you want.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---