Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    apparently RS is restocking stores. I just popped in to the store I cleaned out of tuchstones last week, and they have more. They have the TS+back for 15 and I paid 20 for just the TS last week. Wish I'd saved the boxes, I'd be doing a refund/swap...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm headed to RS at lunch, about 30 minutes from now. The RS website shows the 15.77 kit in stock at all the stores surrounding me.
    Thanks for the info. Potatoboy, what was the link to the kit? When I did a search I only found the touchstone but it was out of stock. The power cord was on sale for 9 something.
  4. wix
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I pickup up touchstone kit last night at BestBuy for $19.99 on clearance. BestBuy appears to be Clearancing all there Pre and Pixi stuff
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Hmmmm might have to run to the store and have them do a price adjustment. I still have it at home in the box. I like 15 better than 20. Any other hot items at the stores we should look for?? Would love to get the chargers at a good price.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The 15.97 is for a Touchstone only. Not the kit. It is listed as out of stock on the site, but it available in most stores. The store I went to still have the 69.99 shelf tag, but it did indeed scan as 15.97. I didn't pick it up since I have a standard back. I'm going to check out BestBuy as mentioned above.

Added: The item is palm stock number 3454WW.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I tried in car and after a full day of heat in the car the adhesive is not very adhesivey .. not sticky.
    I need to figure out how to attach it to a proclip. Epoxy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I need to figure out how to attach it to a proclip. Epoxy?
    Try an auto parts store for 3M two sided tape ( dark grey,not white) it's made for auto trim and heat doesn't affect it. I put some in the center of the gecko feet and it works great.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoboy View Post
    The 15.97 is for a Touchstone only. Not the kit. It is listed as out of stock on the site, but it available in most stores. The store I went to still have the 69.99 shelf tag, but it did indeed scan as 15.97. I didn't pick it up since I have a standard back. I'm going to check out BestBuy as mentioned above.

Added: The item is palm stock number 3454WW.
    I have the kit for 19.99, want to make a deal?? Let me know
    well I just got a full kit at my RS for 15.. Ts and back kit for 15.99. I bought 2 even though don't need 2nd back... Cheaper then bb with ts only for 20
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I went to another store and they did have the kit, it's best to look around, some stores have Kits, some have stones only for the same $15.97.
    Thanks for this! This was a great find, since I just purchased my Pre this week and was expecting to pay a lot more for both chargers, or just do without.

Picked up the Touchstone kit (base plus back) for $15.97, and a car charger for $9.97. Like others are reporting, the kit was one of the last of Radio Shack's inventory available in the area. They also threw in a free extended warranty on both for the heck of it.

Oh, and I would never admit to this on a public forum, but I was briefly baffled when it wasn't charging connected to the computer's USB. I grudgingly cracked the manual, and the first page had a big diagram saying don't do that!

Sweet upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Oh, and I would never admit to this on a public forum, but I was briefly baffled when it wasn't charging connected to the computer's USB. I grudgingly cracked the manual, and the first page had a big diagram saying don't do that!
    Your not the only one that has done that....

I also see that this is your first post. Welcome to the forums!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Is the deal still going on???

Going to take mine back for a price match if it still good!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    15.97 still good. They might not be able to do a pricematch since it's a clearance item.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Thanks for this! This was a great find, since I just purchased my Pre this week and was expecting to pay a lot more for both chargers, or just do without.

Picked up the Touchstone kit (base plus back) for $15.97, and a car charger for $9.97. Like others are reporting, the kit was one of the last of Radio Shack's inventory available in the area. They also threw in a free extended warranty on both for the heck of it.

Sweet upgrade.
    New forum member, cool!
    Let me be the first to give you a thank you for adding to spirit of the community. Hope you'll enjoy your Pre. Most of the folks here are cool (except for the inevitable trolls) and you will enjoy being here.

(Always wanted to first at something in life )
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678