Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    Can the part be taken out of touchstone back to put into my 2800mah Mugen back?
    Yes, there is a thread here for a guy that will do it for $50, and there is a discussion on what he does for those that want to try it...
    Quote Originally Posted by iredline5 View Post
    no problem anytime, wish i convince myself to buy another for the heck of it. I would buy another if I knew palm/hp will cont to make future device compatible with the TS.
    magnetic induction is the wave of the future
    Sweet, I just saw this thread. I didn't realize the Touchstones went down in price so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
    Picked up naked Touchstone. #2 for me. Ruston, Louisiana RS. Last one on the shelf.
    So these discounted TS's do not have battery backs, or charging cables?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiscboy_2003 View Post
    So these discounted TS's do not have battery backs, or charging cables?

The one I picked up at Radio Shack came with the back and mount.. no wire or plug..
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just called my local RS they have 2, one is on hold for me right now. Wondering if i should just get two!!!

Where is the cheapest cable and plug for these?? I have an extra one now but if i get two i will need another.

Any suggestions????
    Last edited by pchrist; 05/18/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Just called my local RS they have 2, one is on hold for me right now. Wondering if i should just get two!!!
    I did, It was easier to buy both and take one back if I change my mind...
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post

Where is the cheapest cable and plug for these?? I have an extra one now but if i get two i will need another.

Any suggestions????
    This is why they are sold out at so many stores!

I bought the Palm AC adapter and cable, off Ebay for $10.
    FYI, the touchstone never comes with a cable or wall adapter. You will use the one that came with the phone. If you want them (as I did), they are easy to get on Amazon.com for about $10 including shipping. I bought 4 of them to go with my additional 4 RS Touchstones so I can scatter them throughout the house.

Even in the "kit" where the TS back in included, the cable and adapter are never included. If you buy the car adapter (currently $12 at RS) you get a shorter cable with the car adapter. I have several of those, too.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    AC USB Wall Adapter Charger + Micro USB 2.0 Data Cable For Palm Pre - 157-10108-00*3403WW - Buy.com

Just got this from buy.com it is the original one for 10 bucks with usb. Used bing.com and got between 4-7% back. Not much but it adds up over time!!! Now to Radio Shack for the two TS's!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
    The one I picked up at Radio Shack came with the back and mount.. no wire or plug..
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Just picked up all 4 TS in stock at local RS along with a Pixi back for my wife for 9.97. Thanks OP!
    Best Buy also has it for $20. BB's do not include the back (or cable) though.

Palm - Touchstone Charging Dock for Palm Pre Smartphones - 3454WW
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Best buy pricematch FTW!

I went into best buy and they had the touchstone for $29.99 and the Palm Vehicle charger also for $29.99. I grabbed them, walked up to customer service and showed them Radioshacks website and walked out with the Touchstone for $19.97 and the Palm charger for $12.97. Pretty sweet.

PS. Best Buys website shows the TS for $19.99 but in store it still comes up as $29.99.
    Last edited by ashykat; 05/18/2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added PS
    Thanks. The link was especially helpful. For starting late, I didn't do bad at RS. One solo TS, a TS kit, a car charger, and my AC/USB adapter for $65.
    I did the same thing, bought two TS at Radio Shack, then went to Best Buy and price matched the car charger and one more TS. I now have one in my office, one in my bedroom, one in my car and one for my desk at work. I've decided to not leave the phone on the TS all night unless absolutely necessary as I don't like the LCD backlight on all night every night. I know that the LCD don't get burn in but I like to play it safe so I'll just charge at work during the day. I'm excited about mounting the TS in my car though, there is a good thread here about that.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Try the Brightness Unlinked application from Preware to turn off the screen while on the Touchstone.

EDIT: I do wish the option to turn off the Screen and LED Notifications was built in to webOS.
    Wow I haven't even got my phone (Palm Pre Plus) yet (should be in my mail today), thank God I checked this forum. I went online and it said the Touchstone dock was 15.97 at Radioshack but it was out of stock online, so I called the Radioshack around the corner from my house and there was one left! I told him to hold it, I get over there and buy it and a year warranty on it for 3.49, pshh I got a steal, I'll take advantage! Plus it was the charging kit so it actually came with another backing for me!! Awesome
    Touchstone at Radio Shack down to $15.97 and the car charger for $9.97. Looks like I'l have to try an in car install this weekend.
    I confirm: just got 2 TS for 15.97 each !! now I need to buy cables

BTW I did put one in my car: TS stay in place even on rough road, and the phone doesn't move either. The only problem I have right now is it doesn't want to charge through USB port I have in my car.

EDIT: Since my phone came with compatible back cover, I have 2 extra back covers that came with TSs, I will give them away for free (NYC)
    Last edited by SiburNY; 05/21/2010 at 10:10 AM.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast