Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    just picked up two for 43 dollas. I've been waiting for a deal like this. Awesome thanks for the heads up!
    I picked up the last TS at the RS I stopped at today. I put it on my car charger and I LOVE it.

Thank you for letting everyone know.

lauralitz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ended up going back to the store at night to pickup a car charger. I put a order in on another touchstone. I just keep thinking it might be really handy to have one in the car so I don't have to fuss with plugging it in.
    Whew, I had purchased a tocuhstone from BestBuy a few weeks ago. Looks like it's going back! Last night I picked up a TS and CC on the website and am having them shipped to a Shack near my work... Today I thought I'd cruise in there to see what they had in stock. Lo an behold there were a few in there. I picked up another TS while I was there for a second one. Not bad. It was the kit as well.

But the crazy part was the ***** salesman. He came over and asked what I was looking for, so I asked him if they sold the AC adpater. He looked at me and told me that I didn't need one. "It's wireless charging!" He proclaimed. I said, well you need a power source, the phone connects to it wirelessly... "oh." Then I asked why the clearance. He said, "Palm isn't making the Pre anymore. They're going out of business." I said, "don't you mean purchased?"... "whatever."

Man, no wonder no one is buying the Pre with the type of salespeople like this guy was. Made me mad.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr157 View Post
    Just picked up two Touchstones Kits from Radio Shack for $19.99 each. Both Touchstone and Back are included. In store offer only from what I can tell.
    Thanks for this.

Picked up the last 2 touchstones, a car kit, and screen protectors for crazy cheap.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I made a mistake with this. On Wednesday, I ran into a local Radio Shack, I picked up a Touchstone for $19. I thought it was great deal according to this thread until I got home and opened the package.

I didn't check in the store, but this was only the Touchstone and not the complete package with the cable and AC Adapter.

So to make use of this, I will have to go out and purchase the cable (and discovered after much testing, that it has to be the official Palm Pre cable otherwise it doesn't work) and the AC adapter (which has to be the official Palm Pre AC Adapter).

So this ended up not being such a discount for me.

I'm going to check another store and see if they have the full package laying around still.

But I opened up the package and tossed the packaging so I don't think I can return what I had gotten.

It was all my fault and a stupid mistake on my part.

I wanted to tell my tale, so nobody else make the mistake I made.

Make sure it's a Full Touchstone package, with the cable and AC Adapter, otherwise it's not a bargain.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    rlanza1054: The Touchstone Kit at Radio Shack only includes TS and Phone back, not the cable and AC adapter.

Cable and AC adapter can be found on eBay for $8.99. I just received mine today from this seller, works fine with the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    rlanza1054: The Touchstone Kit at Radio Shack only includes TS and Phone back, not the cable and AC adapter.

Cable and AC adapter can be found on eBay for $8.99. I just received mine today from this seller, works fine with the TS.

Thanks, was it the original Palm branded cable?

If so, I will try and find someone selling a cable, I never thought of that.

I actually have a second cable but not the AC Adapter.

Thanks again for the tip!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    The AC adapter and cable that I received are just as pictured in that auction link. Appears to be the Palm version, both the AC adapter and the cable. I haven't yet compared the small text on the AC adapter to confirm exact match. Cable looks the same too, not sure if there is any text on the cable to confirm that it is official Palm.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I went to my local Radio Shack store last Monday after seeing this thread. While you normally cannot get in the door there before a sales clerk immediately tries to sell you something, I was actually inside and already in the cell phone accessory section for a good 10-15 seconds before a young lady came over and asked if she could help me. I told her what I was looking for and she picked one off the display. She was SHOCKED when she saw the price. I think her exact words were: "Damn! I need to buy me one of these. I just got a pre last week. I didn't know we had these on sale for $20. These are normally $70!" She explained that she had been away from work for a week or so and hadn't yet checked up on their sales.

So shouldn't *I* get a commission for that sale?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Just picked up a second Touchstone at Best Buy using their price match policy. Couldn't be any easier. Just as long as Radioshack keeps it listed on their website, Best Buy will match it.
    Picked one up as well. I don't know how I got around without one. I love this thing!!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just picked up another Touchstone and car charger from Radio shack too. Now I'm up to 4 Touchstones, 2 car chargers and 4 Wall chargers. Lol.. Don't worry I'm not insane my wife has a Pixi...

So now it's a TS and charger at work, A TS and charger in my truck, 2 TS and chargers in our bedroom, One extra charger for traveling and charging other USB gadgets (it actually comes in really handy for charging all kinds of stuff) and another car charger in my wife's truck... And if it were not for the fact they only has one TS left at Radio shack I probably would have got one for my wife's car too... As you might imagine, I really REALLY hope that these chargers are going to be compatible with future palm products!!!
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Woohoo!! I just got the last one from my local RadioShack. The clerk asked me how it worked and his eyes seemed to glaze over when I talked about induction coils, etc. Either way I left with a $20 touchstone with an extra back plate for my pre plus. w00t w00t!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    check amazon for the oem cable & wall plug...found a set for like $5!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    not every radioshack has them for this price, i bought 2 TS & 3 car chargers i went into a 3rd radioshack and they had the car charger for $29 i said isnt this on sale or clearance? he said nope its a new phone i asked him when an 8 month old phone was new? i said othe radioshacks have them for about 12.99 he asked what ones so i told him. he thought i was nuts and they didnt have any TS's but i told him about the $20 price for those too. ima keep calling them every day till they drop the damn price
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGoerke View Post
    not every radioshack has them for this price, i bought 2 TS & 3 car chargers i went into a 3rd radioshack and they had the car charger for $29 i said isnt this on sale or clearance? he said nope its a new phone i asked him when an 8 month old phone was new? i said othe radioshacks have them for about 12.99 he asked what ones so i told him. he thought i was nuts and they didnt have any TS's but i told him about the $20 price for those too. ima keep calling them every day till they drop the damn price
    You should've had him reference the radioshack website.
    I just bought out one location here. Several other atlanta area locations have TS and kit (TS+back).

get em quick. the shack now answers the phone "homme of the iPhone' when I called.
    I asked here, and they did not have any, but the guy said they were really hard to get to work. I told them it just uses a new back, and then you set it down.

He didn't believe me.
    Grabbed one today at my local Radio Shack. The salesman said they didn't have any left. I told him the RS web site said he did. He hunted around behind the counter and found the last one!

Now I just wish I didn't have to pry my case off to get it to work. Guess my Pre will just be "nude" during the day when I'm in the office.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast