Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I bought 2 touchstones and am flirting with buying a third. I just need to convince my wife. She just bought a Pre 2 days ago and she lovin it. So far I have a touchstone in my car and in my bedroom. I want another one in the bedroom, on my desk and in my van. That's just spoiled talk, I just need another one in my bedroom and possibly in the van.
    Don't mean to go off topic, but just wanted to extend some suggestions...i now have 4 ts, the original wallcharger and 2 Palm 3453 car chargers and they ALL work perfectly. Every combination of cables/ts chargers. one thing I've noticed in the forums when people are talking about the ts charger is alot of are getting some kind of on/off charging problem. I also noticed with the ts charger is that a certain part of the phone has to sit on the ts due to the magnets. The way I put mine on is I slide the phone down the ts holding it loosely until I feel the magnets grab and basically pull the phone outta my hands. Once I figured this out (after my phone died once when I thought it was charging...lol) I have yet to have a charging problem. I also double check to make sure it starts charging before I walk away. Maybe the on/off problems some are getting are from a bad connection between the phone and ts??

just a suggestion...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I bought one yesterday and used it all night. I must say that I absolutely LOVE not having to deal with the charging port cover so much. I'm toying with the idea of maybe getting another one, but not sure yet where I'd put it.
    I bought the only 3 in the store and sold one for 40.
    My local Radio Shack had 4 on the shelf. I picked up one and was tempted to buy more, but I don't really need them. Also, unlike the Dell deal that I got for $27, this does not include the back. Still a really good deal. Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

While I was there, I found a headset device in accessories that I got for 7.99. It's from Gigaware. You plug your headset into it and it adds a mic and a clicker, for pausing and advancing when you are listening to music. This is perfect, because I can attach it to my headset that has a volume slider, and now I have all the features that I wanted in a headset for my Pre. I have had trouble finding a decent headset that had mic, clicker and volume control. Now I have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    My local Radio Shack had 4 on the shelf. I picked up one and was tempted to buy more, but I don't really need them. Also, unlike the Dell deal that I got for $27, this does not include the back. Still a really good deal. Thanks to the OP for the heads up.
    It does include the back, but there a few locations apparently that are just doing the TS dock for some reason. I guess because they ran out of full kits. I got the dock and the back for $20 from Radioshack like an hour ago.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It does include the back, but there a few locations apparently that are just doing the TS dock for some reason. I guess because they ran out of full kits. I got the dock and the back for $20 from Radioshack like an hour ago.
    Dang, I got hosed. They didn't have the kit at the store I was at.
    i've checked 3 RS stores in NYC, 125th st., 23rd st., and 169th st. all of them have the touchstone for $19.99 but none of them have it with the necessary back piece.... i'll be checking a few more stores later today.
    Damn you all! I just went to three Radioshacks in lower manhattan - Bowling Green had none, Fulton St. had none, but the guy there said Chambers had two, which they did not...

I already have 3 (bedside, home office, office), but want an extra for my car! Sent my wife out prowling around midtown.

I love dumpster diving for Palm stuff. Back in the Handspring days, when they discontinued the Springboard modules, I used to lurk around all the Staples, Radioshacks, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Hey thanks for the heads up, I called my dad about this so on his way home he could pick up a pair for our pres' the radio shack he stopped at only had one, guess who still doesn't have one.... hopping I can get one before the end of the deal!
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    I don't think supplies are going to last till 5/15 unless the warehouses still have stock. I have 5 Shacks in my area and they're all out of stock (TS and TS-kits). Plenty of Pixi covers tho!
    I wish this worked with the Otterbox back
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    Are you plugging the cord from the TS into a usb port, or into an adapter into a power outlet?

It will not work from the usb port (500mA), only from a high output source (1A)
    I have a 1.0 mA Wall charger/adapter that works for the iPod touch, and can also charge my Pre with a USB cord. My new TS won't work with it, although the OEM wall charger does work. I guess I have to buy another wall charger if I want to use a second TS. Does anyone know a good, inexpensive unit that works with touchstone? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Nice deal got a TS kit and Palm Car Charger for $32............tested Pandora and the system for my 15min ride home and i picked up 8% in the battery.

Need some VELCRO and Im a happy camper.

Thanks OP
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I just ordered one for the car. Mainly to run live trapster.

Where will I put it...

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thx for the heads up guys. I was able to procure 2 docks from 2 different stores.
    Just bought one today, it included the back cover. They also was trying to sell me a 1 year insurance for $3.00. Supposedly I get the $19.99 back if the TS breaks now. There is a limited warrenty for 1 year from Palm so I decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiltonBx View Post
    Just bought one today, it included the back cover. They also was trying to sell me a 1 year insurance for $3.00. Supposedly I get the $19.99 back if the TS breaks now. There is a limited warrenty for 1 year from Palm so I decline.
    I was offered the $3 'extended' warranty as well. I declined for the same reason, didn't need it if I already have a manufacturer warranty on it.
    I read in another thread that BestBuy will match their price so if your local RS is out you can ty Best Buy and hope that they match it. RS says the sale ends on the 15th so I'll probably try to pick up one more after I get my paycheck.
    AACK! Talk about a day late! I JUST picked up my TS Kit from a Sprint store tonight - shucked out 80 bucks too! Gonna scope out nearby Radio Shacks and see if I can procure one (or two) from them and take back the UNopened TS kit to Sprint!

THe thought never even dawned on my that Radio Sahck would have PalmPre parts and accessories!.

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast