Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Be sure the USB cable is plugged into the touchstone all the way. I need to jiggle my cable while plugging it in before the plug and jack line up.
    The cable wasn't plugged in all the way, works perfectly now, thanks!

My local Radio Shack is selling the car chargers for $12.99, the leather cases for $14.99, and screen protectors for $4.99. The manager told me to check back in a week or so if I was interested in more accessories, she expected clearance prices to go even lower. They were also selling the full TS kit for $19.99.

As a side note, she went on a small rant saying that Radio Shack shouldn't be pushing iPhones if they don't have 3G available at the store location. Have to say, I agree
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Yaya, I'll have two chances to see if either RS has it in stock still.

Perfect timing, I needed a new back since my TS back cover was cracking. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr157 View Post
    Just picked up two Touchstones Kits from Radio Shack for $19.99 each. Both Touchstone and Back are included. In store offer only from what I can tell.
    Thanks jmr157!! First store this AM was out, but fortunately got the last one at the second RS!! Looking forward to using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifearnogod View Post
    riverside county got 2 touchstones 1 pixi back 19.99 x 2 and 9.99 x1 for the back. called lots of stores out here can find a pixi back but not a pre.. bummer. Looks like my duaghter will be happy though.. Whil'st I just stare at the touchstone and wish I could charge something.. still 20.00 for the charger is pretty good.
    I got an extra Pre touchstone back for sale here in Orange county if you want to drive here for it. Then you could use your TS.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I got a TS and back for $20, but the best thing is that the TS is charging my Pre thru the plastic case protecting my phone. Probably won't charge as quickly but convenience factor is major. Any downside to doing this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I just got one and it just keeps cycling charging then not. I don't have the ac usb adapter for the cable, I just have a standard wall micro usb cable. Shouldn't it work with any micro usb?
    Called a few shacks in Milwaukee, and it seems only 1 had the full kit. The other ones are selling just the touchstone dock, no back, for $19.99. Amazing deal, and I love having a new toy. I really like the mat finish on the touchstone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    I just got one and it just keeps cycling charging then not. I don't have the ac usb adapter for the cable, I just have a standard wall micro usb cable. Shouldn't it work with any micro usb?
    any micro usb should work. you need an ac wall adapter.

Maybe I will get to say this 4 times in one thread!
    My sister in Tucson just bought a Sprint Pre and went in to the local Shack and picked up 2 TS for 40 bucks, cool. BTW, she loves her Pre, traded in a Samsung Moment for the Pre, she hated that phone.
    yep..just bought 2 ts and the palm car charger at the shack for $61! Woohoo! Happy Mothers day to my wife...lol!

edit: when i called the store, the guy answered the phone..."thank you for calling the shack home of the new iphone...", and they both were wearing fake iphones on a lanyard around their neck, trying to push me into a sale of the touchstone...lol

just give me my PALM stuff dude...

they can push the iphone all they want...i love mt Pre!!

edit 2: the car charger is the 3453 model...the one that puts out 1a of power..in case you want to do the vehicle touchstone thing..
    Last edited by unseenme; 05/03/2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: add information
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I only got the TS, no kits around =(. Is is still worth it for the price? Or should I return it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    any micro usb should work. you need an ac wall adapter.

Maybe I will get to say this 4 times in one thread!
    NO, The AC Adapter has to push out 1A. Not many do, It is best to just buy all Palm stuff.

I tried buying all the cheap stuff made in china for $2 but nothing worked.
    Normally it is $40 so if you think 50% off is worth it then yes, hell yes.

Thank you RS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I only got the TS, no kits around =(. Is is still worth it for the price? Or should I return it?

Its 79$ up here in canada, what a rip off. lol
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    got mine, brand new it looks like!
    Thanks OP. I just picked up two kits!
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    NO, The AC Adapter has to push out 1A. Not many do, It is best to just buy all Palm stuff.
    good information. I was referring to the micro usb cable,not the wall plug. I got a car adapter off ebay that was apparently not 1amp as advertised.
    in fresno, ca mine came with ts back for pre and i got a $10 black ts back for pixi
    If they could deliver in France shall be cool
    just picked up another kit and screen protectors and have my 2nd Pre Plus on the way.

I'm doin my part to keep Palm's profits up...lol
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast