Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravsirrobin View Post
    I ran out and bought a TS from the Shack this morning...placed my Pre Plus on it...and as far as I can tell....nothing. Should the screen light come on? Should it make the same sound as when the charger is plugged directly into the phone? I left it on the charger for about 15 min, battery life was still 88% (unchanged). Am I missing something, or is my TS defective?
    The screen should change just like if you plug it in on the side. Either the TS back, the TS itself, the cord, or the plug adapter are bad.

The TS will not charge from a USB port (they are 500mA max), so make sure you get a plug adapter.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    going tonight, wanted a touchstone since I got my pre! so pumped
    thanks so much! Got the touchstone plus back and the car charger. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    The screen should change just like if you plug it in on the side. Either the TS back, the TS itself, the cord, or the plug adapter are bad.

The TS will not charge from a USB port (they are 500mA max), so make sure you get a plug adapter.
    None of that is happening, so I guess it isn't working. The cord I'm using is a Palm P/N 157-10130-00, charges my phone fine so I would think it should work with the TS? Just trying to cover all bases before going back to Radio Shack.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    too bad i have the seidio battery. does anybody know if they've been able to put touchstone back with seidio 2600 yet?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    None of that is happening, so I guess it isn't working. The cord I'm using is a Palm P/N 157-10130-00, charges my phone fine so I would think it should work with the TS? Just trying to cover all bases before going back to Radio Shack.
    Be sure the USB cable is plugged into the touchstone all the way. I need to jiggle my cable while plugging it in before the plug and jack line up.

Thanks for the heads up, I have a charging cable for my desk but no touchstone. I'll grab a car kit too
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Just got back from Rat Shack on 55th and bdwy and 57th and 7th street in Manhattan and both only had the station itself for 19.99.

They were sold out of the kits which according to the salesperson would be "substantially" more.
    You might want to call ahead before going.

Just FYI.
    Actually, my Radio Shack had the Touchstone kit, for the same price as the plain touchstone ($20). The kit includes the back and a touchstone. So, that is a REALLY good deal. Sell the back on eb** or keep it for yourself.
    Just called my local RS and reserved 2 for 5 o' clock!!!!!!!!!!!! ($19.99)
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    hehe just went to 2 shacks and took all of them!!! I only got 3 but woot woot!!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    too bad i have the seidio battery. does anybody know if they've been able to put touchstone back with seidio 2600 yet?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2081553
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just picked up mine on my lunch break. Now I don't have to haul my original TS back and forth every day from home to work. And I have an extra back...which is good because mine has two small cracks from changing out the battery every once in a while.
    Are you plugging the cord from the TS into a usb port, or into an adapter into a power outlet?

It will not work from the usb port (500mA), only from a high output source (1A)
    What does the 19.99 pack come with?

Cord? TS dock? Back for the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post

It sounds like it depends on your store. They are selling whatever kits they have for $19.99, so maybe you'll be lucky and get the whole kit...maybe not. Either way, it does not sound like any people are getting the necessary wall adapter.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post

Just the TS dock and the new back cover.
    Thanks so much for the heads up. I got a Car Charger, Touchstone Dock, and a Touchstone kit all for the price of one touchstone kit normally.
    riverside county got 2 touchstones 1 pixi back 19.99 x 2 and 9.99 x1 for the back. called lots of stores out here can find a pixi back but not a pre.. bummer. Looks like my duaghter will be happy though.. Whil'st I just stare at the touchstone and wish I could charge something.. still 20.00 for the charger is pretty good.
    I just got back from my local shack and nothing. They didn't have anythig for palm at all.
    Oh well It"s all good.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast