Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    How well does the touchstone hold the phone in the car?
    Check the "Touchstone in car thread" on this forums main page... I have 5 vehicles I have done them with... never had a problem...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    haven't fouund a TS kit in store or on the site
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Any luck pricematching without an ad to show the price?
    I just picked up my 4th Palm Touchstone kit for $19.99!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I just picked up my 4th Palm Touchstone kit for $19.99!
    Who needs 4? That's probably why stores in my area don't have a single one. They are being bought up for hoarding and ebay. Way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Who needs 4? That's probably why stores in my area don't have a single one. They are being bought up for hoarding and ebay. Way to go.
    Or for people like me who move around a lot and keep a touchstone in multiple locations (car, work desk, home desk, bed side).

Nothing hoarding about that...

The market is first come, first served. I am glad that I jumped on this sale quickly and my local Radio Shack was able to accommodate my needs, because I do not have the luxury of multiple Radio Shack stores in my area.

I am sure that you will be able to find one of those "hoarded" touchstones on eBay for less-than-retail pricing.

Also, if you scroll back a few pages, you will find this link: Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre and Pixi : Cell Phone Chargers | RadioShack.com
    Maybe Best Buy will price match. You also may be able to see if more come in stock by watching the Radio Shack website (I get a sinking feeling that the answer is no).

An alternate solution is to pay ~$9 more for one on Amazon.com: Amazon.com: Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Palm Pre and Palm Pixi: Cell Phones & Service
    The proper chargers can be had from the same location.
    Last edited by dkirker; 05/07/2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo, more details
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    My local stores conveniently don't have the TS w/ Pre Back in stock. That means $20 for TS and $20 for back cover @ Best Buy. Ain't gonna do it.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I was on a biz trip a few hours away from home and decided to hit a Shack for the TS.
    First one was sold out, sigh.
    Second one, about 15 miles down the road had 1 TS with back, 1 with cover, snagged 'em both, 'cause one of my coworkers needed an extra.
    Sweet!
    Last edited by patchs; 05/08/2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    yeah i just happened to be killing a few minutes after work before getting home so i stop by "the shack" i was gonna buy a car charger but i found it for 12.99 and a TS for 19.99 i got 1 of each, they only had 1 car charger, i have 2 ts already but i am gonna go to another store and see if they have nay car chargers, i called one & they told me ot was 29.99 which i believe is above normal price so they must have been quoting me for a -go with tip or summin
    I got 2 TS for $19.95 each today. The salesman had NO idea it was so cheap. They also have the Solio Racsta Solar charger for $59, I may grab that next week. It'll come in handy for my upcoming Philmont Trek (12 days in the back country of New Mexico). I wasn't planning on bringing the Palm, since the battery sux... but this is the solution I need. (Being a BSA Scoutmaster and out in the woods a lot!)
    Same here . Just got two. The salesman sais they were $49 and I said wait until we get to the register and yup. 19.99 .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/08/2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by richs0 View Post
    I got 2 TS for $19.95 each today. The salesman had NO idea it was so cheap. They also have the Solio Racsta Solar charger for $59, I may grab that next week. It'll come in handy for my upcoming Philmont Trek (12 days in the back country of New Mexico). I wasn't planning on bringing the Palm, since the battery sux... but this is the solution I need. (Being a BSA Scoutmaster and out in the woods a lot!)
    if you do this, you MUST take a bunch of wifi nintendo DS (or whatever) and make a video that re-ceates the current MIFI commercial that has campers playing head-to-head games in the woods over the portable hotspot. Post that film and you have an instant viral hit as well as great exposure for BSA. And then there is the mcGyver aspect of using your Pre to solve camping problems and survival skills with space-age tools.

better living through webOS!!! I love it!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/08/2010 at 08:51 AM.
    Picked up a car charger. Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Finally found a store with 6 in stock about 30 minutes away. Glad to finally have one.
    I just picked up 2 touchstones @ my local shack.
    I am stuck at work til 6pm.
    I called radio shack and they have 2 touchstone kits left and they close at 6pm also.

Worst
    If you go to the RadioShack link provided on the first page of this thread, you can search which RadioShacks in your area still have some TS in stock instnead of having to call around...... Just to give a heads up....I did that and found a local Radioshack that still had tons of Palm stuff left
    Quote Originally Posted by gonk24 View Post
    Even though I have not used ebay for any of my TS thats not a bad idea to make some extra free cash. My 4th touchstone is for my bed side. Rather than leave it charging in the other room. Now I have on for the bed stand and love it.

1) Car
    2) Work Desk
    3) Computer Desk at work
    4) Night stand

No ebay. Plus when they are this cheap I should see about ebaying a few that our local stores have. I will let you know how it goes!

(:
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Even though I have not used ebay for any of my TS thats not a bad idea to make some extra free cash. My 4th touchstone is for my bed side. Rather than leave it charging in the other room. Now I have on for the bed stand and love it.

1) Car
    2) Work Desk
    3) Computer Desk at work
    4) Night stand

No ebay. Plus when they are this cheap I should see about ebaying a few that our local stores have. I will let you know how it goes!

(:
    By all means, keep me informed! Truth be told I when I posted that I was just frustrated that I hadn't been able to track one down yet. Then I come here to immediately see that you had just bought your 4th one, so I vented a little. I did find a store in another town with 6 so I am using a TS now. I can see the draw to have multiple as it is all forms of awesome.
    does anyone have the radioshack part number for the touchtone kit with the Pre back cover?
    I can't seem to find it or look it up. All I am finding is just the touchstone charger. I need the pre back too.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast