Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hey there - I've searched the forums for information/opinions/reviews/advice on the Inivisishield product for Palm Pre. I went ahead and bought one, and installed last night (approximately 12.5 hrs ago at the time of this post). One thing that I don't see a lot of comments on is screen clarity, and that is my #1 concern right now - please read on:

The installation went well (in my opinion) and the skin went on quite slick but did take quite awhile to get it 'just right'. It looks pretty good, but, there is a 'rubbery' feel to the phone now, which is fine.

My biggest concern - that frankly has me freaking out - is the screen clarity. I turned my phone on, and the best way to decribe what I'm seeing is looking at a snowy TV screen. I cannot take a pic as I don't have a camera with me, but, there are rainbow streaks/lines/? not sure how to explain it.

I can put up with the feel of the phone, and the fact that the touch is not 'quite' as sensitive as it is on a naked Pre, but, the screen clarity is a deal-breaker.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away? The only thing that I can think of is that I installed incorrectly, but, I used the squeegee and what I thought was a fair amount of the solution. I'm willing to wait it out a bit longer to see if it improves, but, if it stays like this, there is 0 possibility of keeping this skin.

Any advice or experience anyone can share would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynmarti View Post
    Hey there - I've searched the forums for information/opinions/reviews/advice on the Inivisishield product for Palm Pre. I went ahead and bought one, and installed last night (approximately 12.5 hrs ago at the time of this post). One thing that I don't see a lot of comments on is screen clarity, and that is my #1 concern right now - please read on:

The installation went well (in my opinion) and the skin went on quite slick but did take quite awhile to get it 'just right'. It looks pretty good, but, there is a 'rubbery' feel to the phone now, which is fine.

My biggest concern - that frankly has me freaking out - is the screen clarity. I turned my phone on, and the best way to decribe what I'm seeing is looking at a snowy TV screen. I cannot take a pic as I don't have a camera with me, but, there are rainbow streaks/lines/? not sure how to explain it.

I can put up with the feel of the phone, and the fact that the touch is not 'quite' as sensitive as it is on a naked Pre, but, the screen clarity is a deal-breaker.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away? The only thing that I can think of is that I installed incorrectly, but, I used the squeegee and what I thought was a fair amount of the solution. I'm willing to wait it out a bit longer to see if it improves, but, if it stays like this, there is 0 possibility of keeping this skin.

Any advice or experience anyone can share would be greatly appreciated!
    I have the invisibleshield and I love it... here are a few comments:
    1. It can take at least a WEEK for all the bubbles and issues to go away...it goes away slowly...give it some time
    2. with a direct glare, i sometimes get a little bit of the "orange peel" affect, but its not bad 99% of the time
    3. As far as the feel of the skin, also give that a few days/weeks. It was very sticky at first, but I have had mine on for months now and it feels very smooth for me.

In fact, you can check out my PalmSpot Commercial to see how the screen clarity looks with my shield. granted the video quality isn't great, you can not even tell there is a shield on there for the screen, right? ..attached are the links:

Main Link = palmSpot Entry: “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More” by Adam Marks | webOSroundup
    YouTube =

I would say, give it a week. see how things look then. if its really bad, talk to Zagg and see what your options are.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    The screen protector should be nearly perfectly clear, any problems are either a incorrect install or a bad product. Invisishield has been known for a great product so I'm guessing something went wrong with the install.

I'm unsure specifically with Invisishield, but the protector I use has a smooth side which must be placed against the phone, and a very slightly textured version which you touch, if you mix the two up you'll get a very bad picture because of it not being flush. I'm wondering if this could've been a mistake you made?
    my invisishield is perfectly clear. Either yours wasn't installed correctlu or yoir phone scrren is on the fritz.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    An update - I had installed an Invisishield on an iPod Touch as well, and the screen on that is crystal clear as well (had to wait to get home to check it out).

SO...being the impatient person that I am, approximately 24 hours after the first attempt, I carefully pealed off the Invisishield from my Palm Pre, ran it under water to clean it as best I could, ensured that it was soaking wet, using a bit of the solution that came with the shield to moisten the Pre, and re-applied. The installation itself went more smoothly than the first (suspect that was because the shield was already pliable and conformed to the Pre), and the install from a physical perspective looks better than the first time.

However...screen clarity is still terrible. The attached pic is a pretty good representation.

Thanks for your feedback. I can post the rest of my experience if anyone thinks it would be helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As already mentioned, it can take several days for the screen protector to become completely clear. This is also mentioned in the video demonstrations for most of the "wet application" screen protectors.

The squeegee that you use is to remove any air bubbles and excess moisture during installation... but there is still quite a bit of moisture left between the screen and the invisishield. Just have to give it time to dry.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi there...just an update. I've received a replacement shield from Zagg, and the difference is breaktaking. I still maintain that the issue was actually the quality of this particular shield - you can see the 'rainbow' lines on the shield even after removal from the device. The whole experience with the new shield was better - it sstuck to the device much easier, and conformed overall much better than the original.

This is consistent with the other two shields that I've installed (LG Xenon and iPod Touch). All are clear as a bell.

Given the issue - I would still recommend the Invisishield, however bear in mind that I've not compared it to any other products. When installed correctly and the shield itself is not faulty, it's a GREAT product.
    Try an Xtreme guard screen protector, they're less expensive, and I find them to be easier to apply than the Zagg. Go to xtremeguard.com