1.    #1  
    I picked this up for my Centro and it kept dropping after I used it. So it ended up sitting on the shelf for 2 months.
    Then I got the Pre Plus last month and decided to see how this worked with it.

All I can say is AWESOME! Doesn't drop and so far no one I've called has complained about me sounding bad, hollow or distant etc.

The new icon looks like it would be even better and it's $30 less than my Prime.

Aliph Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset Headset reviews - CNET Reviews

Introducing Jawbone ICON™ The World’s First Intelligent Headset: Products Page

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have been using the Jawbone Prime with the Pre for a while now. My only complaint is that if I walk away from the Jawbone and then come back it reconnects and resets the volume to the lowest setting.

Does your volume reset? Is that normal because it's very annoying? Also, it seems you can't set the bluetooth volume until you're in the middle of a phone call. I sometimes call my voicemail just so I can set my bluetooth volume.

Edit: I just realized there's a thread that's been revived from November discussing this exact issue. In fact, I replied there ages ago and forgot.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ume-issue.html

I can't get this link to work :-P. It alters the URL that I put in. Strange. Anyway, it just added some junk to the beginning, you can get to it by removing that part in the address bar.
    Last edited by VoodooGod; 04/28/2010 at 05:50 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGod View Post
    I have been using the Jawbone Prime with the Pre for a while now. My only complaint is that if I walk away from the Jawbone and then come back it reconnects and resets the volume to the lowest setting.

Does your volume reset? Is that normal because it's very annoying? Also, it seems you can't set the bluetooth volume until you're in the middle of a phone call. I sometimes call my voicemail just so I can set my bluetooth volume.

Edit: I just realized there's a thread that's been revived from November discussing this exact issue. In fact, I replied there ages ago and forgot.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ume-issue.html
    Sorry dood. No I have not had that issue. It holds the settings for me unless I let the Jawbone battery die. Then I have to redo the volume but other than that it re-syncs and stays where I set it.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Weird, thanks for the response. I may get in touch with Palm and Aliph about it.
    My gripe is that I can figure out how to adjust it in my ear without hanging up on a call. Must have done this 20 times so far ... otherwise its a great BT earpiece to use with the Palm Pre ... as well as Treo and Centro phones.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    My gripe is that I can figure out how to adjust it in my ear without hanging up on a call. Must have done this 20 times so far ... otherwise its a great BT earpiece to use with the Palm Pre ... as well as Treo and Centro phones.
    I had a tough time at first as well.
    Just make sure you grab from top and bottom at the back end of it and you should be ok.
    Also I had to use every adapter it comes with for a day along with the ear hook to find one that fits my ear.
    It takes a bit of fine tuning but so far I have no real complaints about it at all.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    hey, have any of you used the a2dp upgrade with the pre? If so how well does it work. I currently use bt530 and q1 to listen to books and podcasts, but I am also looking for the next best thing
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Have you tried Duct tape?

Seriously though, I love my Prime and as long as you just touch the top and bottom while moving it, you should be fine. I agree that sometimes it is tough but it will take a little getting used to.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    A2DP?