Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    This is a mod I've been wanting to do for a while but haven't since I have never done any type of mod without seeing it online with step by step directions before. I think this came out very good.

    I ran a direct power line to the battery and tapped it with a 20-amp inline fuse. Then I came into the car and made the connections behind the glove box for easy access if I need to modify them. Then I ran the Touchstone cables up behind the head unit, around the HVAC vents and up through the side of the map compartment. All in all it was pretty easy, just took time. Most expensive part was the Touchstone itself, which was $49.99.

    It works great. It wirelessly charges the phone and has magnets to hold the phone in place, so it doubles as a mount! With the AUX input mod I have I can stream internet radio and use the GPS capabilities all through my car radio. I am very pleased! Just thought I'd share this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    that is cool, good idea
  3. #3  
    Wow... chin now dirty from jaw dropping to the floor.
  4. #4  
    LOL old idea. You should probly move this to the original forum since its already got 545 posts and lots of pictures and instructions.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
  5.    #5  
    Oh, ::feels sheepish:: I searched but didn't see that thread. Thanks!
  6. #6  
    LOL it happens. Enjoy your touchstone. It really is the best car mount ever. More people need to know about this anyway.
  7. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #7  
    For your safety, I am obligated to point out that your phone will become a projectile flying straight at the driver's head with explosive force if your passenger side airbag ever deploys. That is the airbag door to the right of the touchstone on your car, right?????
  8. #8  
    I have a good bit of experience with installing accessories into cars and really appreciate a nice clean install. Good work
  9. #9  
    The touchstone is rated for 1amp, so I would probably swap the 20amp fuse for a 5amp, 3 if you can.
  10. #10  
    nice
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    The touchstone is rated for 1amp, so I would probably swap the 20amp fuse for a 5amp, 3 if you can.
    Thanks, I was looking for this info but couldn't find it anywhere!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I have a good bit of experience with installing accessories into cars and really appreciate a nice clean install. Good work
    Thanks man!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    For your safety, I am obligated to point out that your phone will become a projectile flying straight at the driver's head with explosive force if your passenger side airbag ever deploys. That is the airbag door to the right of the touchstone on your car, right?????
    Indeed it is. I may need to invest in a helmet!
  14. #14  
    Looks nice might have to try this ,,would save flimsy usb cover from breaking off too soon!!!
  15. #15  
    How about the wiring. You spliced the touchstone wire?
  16.    #16  
    No, added a second cigarette lighter to the wires I pulled and used the Palm car charger to power the Touchstone. I do not recommend splicing the USB cable... from what I hear, it never works well.
  17. #17  
    very nice. personally, I would add a toggle switch for times when the battery was full and didn't need charging, but that comes from my years of tricking out cars and sound systems!

    did you use a Palm brand charger or the Verizon brand? I'd like to do this but I wanna make sure the Verizon brand will put out the correct amount of power.

    nice job!
  18. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #18  
    What did you use to keep the Touchstone charger secure to your dashboard? I can't get my to securely stick on my dashboard even though it is a flat surface.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    What did you use to keep the Touchstone charger secure to your dashboard? I can't get my to securely stick on my dashboard even though it is a flat surface.
    Just go to Lowe's Home Improvement and buy some Industrial Strength velcrose, a quick and easy way to mount a TS.
  20. #20  
    thats a great job.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions