1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I know there are a number of "what's the best BT headset" threads but I have some specific needs and could use some advice.

First, I need a dedicated on/off switch. It can be a sliding switch or a sliding or flip out boom.

Second, I would like good noise cancellation and outstanding sound quality. This is most important for the person I am calling since I am speaking with customers all day.

I had a Moto 710 and liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I just washed it along with a pair of jeans. It's clean, but it won't turn on or charge. I liked it fairly well but it was terrible with wind and the noise cancellation was not excellent at all.

How about the Moto H15 or 17? or H695? How about something from Plantronics? I had the 855 and loved the stereo function but the voice quality and sliding boom was just so-so compared to my Moto 710 (even though it wasn't awesome or anything). 925 is huge but it would be worth it if it provides outstanding sound quality.

Thanks for your help and collective experience.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
  2.    #2  
    Well, while shopping around I just found another that looks very interesting.

The Jabra Extreme. While not the best looking and also getting mixed reviews for the fit, it seems to have good noise cancellation and another feature I forgot was a great plus - A2DP support in a mono headset. I think all BT headsets should have this. With this feature I can listen to podcasts while shopping or running errands and not have to wear a big headset over both ears.

Does anyone have one of these?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I picked up a Motorola H375 at Costco for $25 about a year ago. It's an entry level model but it seems to work very well with my Pre+. Despite no active noise cancellation technology, I've had a couple of people comment that there is almost no background noise and I sound clearer than I did using it with my old Treo 700p. Before this, I had an H710. I hated that frickin' thing. It was so unreliable. Half the time I couldn't get it to connect with my phone. The 375 has been totally reliable. It connects every time. Sometimes I wish it could be a little louder in my ear but it's still louder than my 710 was. My only other issue was the ear pad falling off all the time. I lost the 2 that came with it but I was able to buy a couple extras off Ebay for like $4. Buy.com has it for less than $20 incl shipping. It's not the fanciest or best looking headset but it's simple and it gets the job done. All-in-all I think it's a great value... and it's got a dedicated on-off switch.

Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Jabra BT 530. Dedicated on-off switch. A2DP over monoear. GREAT voice quality.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your replies!

@delao13, isn't the Extreme the new version of the BT530?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Looks like it. Hadn't heard of it before. The nice thing is lowers the street price on the BT 530. Amazon has it for $36 (Amazon.com: Jabra BT 530 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Service). The BT530 accomplishes its tasks very well....I'd save the $30+.
    How about a comfortable fitting Stereo Bluetooth Headset.

It has a dedicated on/off switch, dedicated 'call answer' switch, and dedicated 'play' switch and a dedicated volume control.

Two microphones for the ultimate noise cancellation.

The Plantronics BeatBack 903 or 906 (the 906 comes with the audio adapter).

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

My wife and I moved our original Jabra BT8010 Stereo Bluetooths with us when we moved to the Pre from our original Palm Treo units. These units are fantastic and we love the A2DP (R2D2....) interface allowing us to use it for both phone, music, games or otherwise.

Here is a link on Amazon for reference, but we picked up our latest unit on Ebay for $30 or so dollars with out the second pair stereo side of the headset that can be removed and disconnected. BTW, these units were spec as a European only and only supported overseas (had to call tech support), but we haven't had much problems since our initial call about updating the software and find them working very well with our Palm Pres.

Big thumbs up from us!!! Sorli..
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I love my Plantronics 855. It has a sliding boom to turn on and off. Pairing is a snap and you get a small corded earpice that plugs into the main for listening to music via bluetooth. On ebay they are very inexpensive. Volumne is great on both sides of the call.
    Ilooks good as well as comfortable to wear. Check it out!
  10.    #10  
    Hello again all.

I decided to try a Jabra Extreme since I could retun it within 30 days. I used the Jabra Extreme for a week or so and then Jawbone released the update to the Icon adding A2DP. As a Sprint Premium subscriber I get 25% off so the Icon was $75. That did it.

comparing the two the Icon is more comfortable for me and I think it has significantly better sound on both ends. The Jabras' noise reduction was good but the Icon is definitely better. And I found the sound on my end to be distant and hollow on the Jabra and much better on the Icon.

that doesn't mean the Icon is perfect. It slips out of my ear more and I find the A2DP to be a bit buggy. It skips a little and sometimes doesn't play even though it is connected. I have to turn it off and back on and occasionally repair it to get it to play again. But it usually works well and totally serves my purpose.

I am very satisfied.
    use the jabra mini gels to get a perfect fit for the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    How about a comfortable fitting Stereo Bluetooth Headset.

It has a dedicated on/off switch, dedicated 'call answer' switch, and dedicated 'play' switch and a dedicated volume control.

Two microphones for the ultimate noise cancellation.

The Plantronics BeatBack 903 or 906 (the 906 comes with the audio adapter).

Rob
    I got the 906's a couple weeks ago and LOVE them!
  13.    #13  
    I actually have a moto 305s or s305 or somehing like that for stereo use. I needed a regular looking mono headset that is excellent @ phone conversations, good for podcasts and wearable around town. Much of the time I just won't walk around in a two ear stereo headset.

Icon is very good for this purpose.