1.    #1  
    Hey I never really noticed how hot my phone was getting when charging on the touchstone until I installed the temperature warning patch. Is this normal for the phone to get this hot?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Getting warm is normal – if it gets hot, that may be another issue.

Here’s how I play it – my wife and I share the TS and mostly use it to top off the Pre, say when it’s around 60% or better. That way the Pre is never on for too long, but does its job.

The TS is just amazing. If I ever went with another phone, like the EVO, I would miss the TS bigtime.

Hope this helps.
    by far my favorite accessory!

the few times my pre has gotten a little warm, it seems like something is running that i can't see so I restart it and it seems to fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    by far my favorite accessory!

the few times my pre has gotten a little warm, it seems like something is running that i can't see so I restart it and it seems to fix the issue.
    LOL, my wife hates the Pre, but loves her LG phone, and the concept of the Touch Stone. So i builded the back cover contents in de battery cover of the LG Viewty Smart, and she enjoys wireless charging!!!
    See pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    What's the difference between "warm" and "hot"? I mean, what temperature would you consider OK, and what would be hot enough to suspect there's a problem?
    Higher than 45C is bit of a problem.

I notice the only times my Pre really heats up on the Touchstone is when I leave it to charge after it's hit 100%, even charging all the way from empty doesn't heat it up nearly as much as leaving it on while full.

Though to keep a Li-on batter it tip top shape you really shouldn't charge it to 100% anyway, around 70%-90% is just right, though sometimes that 10% means the difference between a dead phone.
    I generally use it overnight when I am in airplane mode, so it doesn't get too hot (although it gets warm).

I also use it in my car so the phone doesn't slide around the car. I will keep it on the touchstone to talk on the phone, but never if I'm streaming music or using the radios very hard... If I turn on Pandora while it sits on the touchstone, I will eventually get the warning.

If I really needed to keep it on the touchstone, I'd have to figure out how to have my air conditioning vent to keep the cold air passing over the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I generally use it overnight when I am in airplane mode, so it doesn't get too hot (although it gets warm).

I also use it in my car so the phone doesn't slide around the car. I will keep it on the touchstone to talk on the phone, but never if I'm streaming music or using the radios very hard... If I turn on Pandora while it sits on the touchstone, I will eventually get the warning.

If I really needed to keep it on the touchstone, I'd have to figure out how to have my air conditioning vent to keep the cold air passing over the phone...
    touchstone removed from car...way too hot. i have a vent mount device holder so i can charge, stream and gps without getting overheated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    LOL, my wife hates the Pre, but loves her LG phone, and the concept of the Touch Stone. So i builded the back cover contents in de battery cover of the LG Viewty Smart, and she enjoys wireless charging!!!
    See pics!
    i would like to try this on my sons (former mine) iPhone...that would be nice...
    when my phone is feeling really hot during charge I usually restart it. I don't know what's running the background that causes this, but typically after a restart it seems to work better. charges faster, fuller, and not as hot to the touch.