Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    I saw this case at the ATT store on the ATT PPP launch day. I considered it but when I saw that it had a touchstone shaped hole in the back to use with the touchstone, I had to say no thanks.
    i just got mine and put it on today. i feel when i type on the pre keyboard with the case on that the phone is a bit wobbly. it's a def great case especially when closed. that would be my only complaint is how it feels a bit loose when i try to type. any suggestions?

edit: i corrected the loose-ness by taking a cheap plastic skin and cutting some pieces to make the case fit more snug with the GRT. now i don't feel the slight phone shift left or right when using the lower keyboard keys. however, i think it affects the "sealed" integrity at the bottom. guess that would be the tradeoff.
    Last edited by jasong888; 06/07/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    does anyone know if the one at&t sells is the slimmer one or the regular? I bought one and it was great, but now I'm noticing some scratches around the edges where the case meets the top half. If at&t is selling the older version I think I will return those and order the slimmer cases.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    AT&T is selling the slimmer cases.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I just received the 2-case set from AT&T store online w/the black chrome & blue versions. Absolutely love them! They fit like a glove & work great w/Touchstone. Even used the 25% off link earlier in the thread. Shipped to the house for right at $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    i just got mine and put it on today. i feel when i type on the pre keyboard with the case on that the phone is a bit wobbly. it's a def great case especially when closed. that would be my only complaint is how it feels a bit loose when i try to type. any suggestions?

edit: i corrected the loose-ness by taking a cheap plastic skin and cutting some pieces to make the case fit more snug with the GRT. now i don't feel the slight phone shift left or right when using the lower keyboard keys. however, i think it affects the "sealed" integrity at the bottom. guess that would be the tradeoff.
    Can you show a picture of what you did? I noticed a little wiggle when using the bottom row of keys and would like to tighten it up.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    i would just put a thin padding to help cushion the phone from wiggling. i had an old rubber phone skin and i just cut off a few small pieces (you could use anything practically) and i just placed them on the bottom sides of the back casing. you want to make sure not too make it to thick otherwise it stretches the overall casing and makes it difficult to slide open the pre.
    Got my case today and must admit after all the anticipation and hype I am not happy with it really.

There is alot of wobble inside the case and it doesn't open properly because it catches on the bottom lip of the Pre..............

$60 for case and shipping to the UK.........and I get a not great case.
    Sorry it's not working well for you! Seems unusual, based on my positive experience with a couple of these cases. But are you sure you attached the two pieces fully? You have to use a fair amount of pressure to snap them together.
    I had the original chrome case that I picked up at the VZW store. Just got the version from AT&T which came with the black chrome and blue faces. I gotta say that they are slimmer making getting to all the "buttons" a lot easier. I also noticed that the top row of keys are easier to type on as the old case when open was kinda close to the top row making it hard to type. If I could only find a holster that works with the case, then I would be set.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    One thing I am curious about with this case are the notches on the top and bottom. They appear to be for a holster of some sort?
    Is this case removable sans breakage? I snapped it on a few days ago - just wondering about successful removal as it ain't cheap. Though it is excellent otherwise.

Cheers,
    H
  13. viv
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliogabalus View Post
    Is this case removable sans breakage? I snapped it on a few days ago - just wondering about successful removal as it ain't cheap. Though it is excellent otherwise.

Cheers,
    H
    It's pretty easy to remove. Just slide the phone open and pry off the case with a little force. The case should have come with an diagram showing you how to pry it off
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Mine didn't come with any diagrams showing how to assemble or dissassemble. But I was able to figure it out fairly quickly. Like viv said, slide the case open. I like it only 3/4 open. Then I put my fingernail in the bottom small track on the right side and pull out. That gets it started. Then I can slide it the rest of the way open to get it off completely...
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    Received my black case earlier this week. Love it. Works perfectly with the AT&T backs: AG-P-0671 (Closed) and AG-P-0672 (Touchstone).
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    were you able to buy the black front separately? If so, how much?
    Anyone else having the phone wobble once its open?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Not me.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    my impressions: initially case felt very bulky, got the att one with blue and chrome.

easy to put on.
    like I said, felt bulky at first, getting to power and volume buttons a little more difficult.
    however got a ton of compliments with the blue cover, and even more with the chrome one ("what phone is THAT?", "thats a nice case"). Of course my wife and son thought the back opening for the touchstone looked like "mickey mouse". Lol

the chrome one makes my phone a lot classier looking.

slide wobble effect of the pre's natural slider mechanism is hidden with this case, ie takes care of the ever so slight "oreo" effect.

the pre doesn't feel as good in the hand with the case on compared to the natural soft touch of the pre plus.

I can no longer use my side pouch. Pre plus goes in the pocket now, a little annoying since I have used side pouches forever.

the slider does not open thus you can't get to the keyboard when the usb is plugged in.

the keyboard makes an ever so slight creaking sound when typing when the case is on, probably because there is some extra room btwn back of the pre and the case. On the other hand, it does make the keyboard feel bigger, which is always good.

I have a skinomi front screen cover, and this case covers the periphery of the screen protector which is nice.

most important,my 2 year old son loves playing games on my pre,and I was always afraid he would break it with the slider...however with this cover on, no more worries.

so, overall, I am very please with the case. As an aside, I think all future webOS phones should have some chrome, really makes the pre plus look classy.
    Just ordered a couple of these cases... preferred to have a choice in the colors, so ordered directly from AGF.

Thanks for all the info, guys!

russ
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast