Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Whooohooooo they finally have black in stock!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I placed a order on the new black case. I'll post some pictures of it once it arrives.
    where do you go for the black case?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I just picked up this cover, and it's great. I have an observation and a question:
    -When I put my Pre on the TS now, it always hits the charging "sweet spot"; whereas with out this cover, sometimes I have to move the phone around to get it to stop beeping at me.
    -My question is: how much slimmer is the slim version? And does the packaging indicate that it's the slim version?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    I just picked up this cover, and it's great. I have an observation and a question:
    -When I put my Pre on the TS now, it always hits the charging "sweet spot"; whereas with out this cover, sometimes I have to move the phone around to get it to stop beeping at me.
    -My question is: how much slimmer is the slim version? And does the packaging indicate that it's the slim version?
    Any case you buy directly from AGF is the new slimmer design. I'm unsure how much slimmer it is as I have the older Verizon designed case right now.

When I get the new case, I could take pictures of them together to show the size differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Good news for guys not in the USA/NA; I've just had an email saying they've cut down the USPS International Shipping for orders OVER $29 (works for the GRT Case) for $8.95.
    orders UNDER $29 are $12.95.

1 x GTR case in black.............ordered and for 30 inc delivery instead of 50! Result!

thanks for the tip - I just ordered it!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    When I get the new case, I could take pictures of them together to show the size differences.
    That would be great thanks... as much as I love this new case, it is a bit bulkier than I'm used to. I guess size does matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post

Choose black from the color menu.
    oh i was looking at the att accessories website...the one with the discount offer. so choosing a color, i'll just get that one case with two backs? the att gives two covers and two backs doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    the att gives two covers and two backs doesn't it?
    Yes the one I bought, at the AT&T store came with 2 colors (the blue and chrome) and two backs (one for TS, one for no TS).
    Cant wait for mine to arrive. The casing has started to become a little bit loose lately so been scared to use it too much. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Cant wait for mine to arrive. The casing has started to become a little bit loose lately so been scared to use it too much. lol
    I just pulled the trigger as well. My 2 day old Pre has a little too much rattle when open and this looks to be a surefire protective cure. Thanks to all you guys. This community rocks!

Cheers
    Well i just snatched one up also, hopeing it fits into my krussel horiz case, if not they have a 30 day return =)
    I really like my Blue GRF case from ATT. I believe its the slimmer design. It is especially nice when it lines up perfectly with my in-car touch stone. The back cut out makes it easy to drop it in. I think the design also makes it more secure.

My one nit is that the volume and power buttons take a bit of work to reach.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Can someone post pics, of the new slimmer design? I have one coming but im still wondering =D
    You can see a movie of it on the AGF web site.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Just got my black case from them today. Don't have time to take pics at the moment, but I can say the slimmer design is a huge step up from the old case design. The volume and power buttons are simple to reach now and the best part, the top row of the keyboard is very simple to use now. Basically when the slider is down, it feels like using the keyboard without a case on it unlike the older design which made the top row of buttons on the keyboard a bit limited for space when it came to your fingers.

I also am really digging this new all black case. It looks very classy and does not stick out like my old chrome one did.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    Just got my black case from them today. Don't have time to take pics at the moment, but I can say the slimmer design is a huge step up from the old case design. The volume and power buttons are simple to reach now and the best part, the top row of the keyboard is very simple to use now. Basically when the slider is down, it feels like using the keyboard without a case on it unlike the older design which made the top row of buttons on the keyboard a bit limited for space when it came to your fingers.

I also am really digging this new all black case. It looks very classy and does not stick out like my old chrome one did.
    any pictures?
    Just got my black slim AGF on it. Since I have a Phantomskinz on my Pre's screen, I had to perform the same adjustments I described. After a bit of work, it fits great and opens easily with one hand.

DSC00400.JPG

The case looks dead sexy, far better than the silver. Now it my Pre won't get confused with an iPhone at a distance. The overall dimensions haven't changed much in terms of length/width. They reduced the thickness of the plastic on the back piece by about half, which does noticeably slim it down. The front piece overall has also reduced in thickness, giving slightly better access to the top row on the keyboard. The case is also a bit more difficult to install or remove since the rails snap into each other a bit more.

The one other change to the design I noticed was the cutout for the volume rocker was enlarged. I can now get at it without shifting my normal grip.

DSC00406.JPG

A great purchase, in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    You wanted some pics... here are some pics. Click to enlarge:

Here is the case taken apart:

Here is my Pre sitting in the bottom half with no top:

Here is the top of my closed Pre with the case fully installed. The case is very tight to the Pre:

Here is the bottom of my closed Pre with the case fully installed. Here, the sides of the back are not very tight to the Pre. There are small gaps:

Here is the top of my open Pre with the case fully installed. You can really see the gaps in the corners. I think this is good for drop protection:

Here is the bottom of my open Pre with the case fully installed:

Finally, my Pre with the case in the 'palm' of my hand:

I know a few of the photos are blurry. I tried my best with the camera I have...
    Last edited by RobtRoma; 06/25/2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast