Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    You can get the latest redesigned version with blue at AT&T. See my previous post. Some Sprint and Verizon stores haven't restocked to the latest yet so AT&T is your safest bet right now.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I just picked up the new slim version from on an AT&T store. The original one I got from a Verizon store. Not surprising that I had to ask for it at the Verizon store they keep all the Pre accessories in the back( walls were full of droid and blackberry cases). Mean while at the AT&T store they were displayed prominatly next to the wall full of iPhone cases.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Can anyone post pics of this new slimmed down version? Thanks in advance.
    Just want to add my two cents. New pre owner, first post. I picked up this case after reading the forums. The slider was driving me nuts. Not near as bad as some, but just the general "give" of the slider phone was creaking as I would talk on it. This case cured everything. Love the added weight and feel. I picked it up at the local Verizon store for $20 after my work discount. My employer has a verizon discount contract. Now I love everything about my phone. Have it paired with a Skinomi screen protector and all is great. My wife is wanting one now. She thought the phone by itself was a bit narrow, but with the case makes it very similar in feel to her blackberry. Thanks to all for the postings as it really helped me out today.
    IMO, it's really worth making sure you're getting the new slimmer version. The specs in inches or mm might not seem much better, but in terms of how the case actually looks and feels, the difference is pretty significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The new version (I bought the blue, but I don't know if that matters) reads:
    REV 02 CAV 02
    .POM.
    AG-P-0672
    From the touchstone back of the new one I bought at an AT&T store:

REV 02 CAV 1
    .POM.
    AG-P-0672
    HI All!

Yup, after reading some reviews about this case I too trekked to the AT&T store and picked one up - actually two complete sets are packaged for AT&T. I'm not certain if mine is the slim version or not but I LIKE the wya it does add a bit more body to the Pre. Not too much to make it unweildy for one handed input. THe fact that the case is what will take the actual stress of sliding and handling should mean my new Pre won't suffer the oreo effect!

A palm touchscreen protector and a custom skinit with the touchstone back from AGF GRT case and I'm quite happy that my Pre is protected, yet easily accessed and shows off my own personality!

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I've been debating which case I should get.. I noticed this case in the VZW store when I got my Pre Plus, but the sliver chrome case didn't jibe with me, so I walked away from it. But if I can get a blue or black one at an ATT store.. I might go pick one up.

But I'm curious how this case compares to the Otterbox Tandem case. Does anyone have any insight?
    Don't know much about the Otterbox, but I doubt that it works with the Touchstone.
    Well looks like I wont be getting the GRT case!

Emailed them and they would charge $30 to ship to the UK! Plus the $34 for the case.......$64!!! For shipping something that weighs NOTHING to the UK? I dont think so!!!

So.............whats next best?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Well looks like I wont be getting the GRT case!

Emailed them and they would charge $30 to ship to the UK! Plus the $34 for the case.......$64!!! For shipping something that weighs NOTHING to the UK? I dont think so!!!

So.............whats next best?
    Next best would be convincing one of us to buy one in store and ship it to you for less.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    From an email I received earlier today:
    Good Morning!
    Thank you for your patience! We are happy to announce the Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Cases in stock. We currently have metallic blue and chrome black in stock. Other colors are scheduled to be available the second week in June. You can view all of the new color options on the product page.

We are also offering the option to only buy a front. So choose your kit or feel free to swap out colors every day of the week!

Warm Regards,
    Customer Service @ AGF

www.agfindings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I just bought the at&t one off of the site for 21, the crome and blue. And I'll just buy the other colors for 15 when released. I hope they are compatible...
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    AT&T online is selling the case for $26.99 ( wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?LOSGId=accessoryBucket&q_sku=sku4580223 ) and if you click through the AT&T promotion link here ( wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-sales/promotion/accessories.jsp ), it'll take 25% off all accessories which brings the case down to $20.24 + tax + free 2-day shipping.

I wasn't sure if this was the right case (since the description did not mention that the back had a touchstone cutout) so I called a local store who confirmed that the case did come with a touchstone-sized hole on the back.
    I went to the store today to take a look and it's the metallic blue and black chrome fronts(which actually looks very sleek and not that shiny) with touchstone and non-touchstone backs for $35 before tax. Of all the colors listed, these would probably be my top choices (along with plain black).

I just bought this package off the AT&T website following Viv's links for $21 so thank you for saving me $14+. I have no idea how long this deal will last, but it is the slimmer version (I checked with the rep) and you won't be disappointed.
    how does the case prevent the "oreo" effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    how does the case prevent the "oreo" effect?
    The case attaches to itself (front attaches to back), rather than each piece individually attaching to your phone.

So the phone is "encased" inside the case, rather than being attached to the case, so it's no longer free to move around.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Anyone know if this case will work with a Pre with a Zagg/PhantonSkinz/Bodyguardz skin attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Anyone know if this case will work with a Pre with a Zagg/PhantonSkinz/Bodyguardz skin attached?
    I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but yes. The skin adds addtional thickness to the Pre, so the case may be stiff in opening/closing. Shaving down some key areas get it back to stock operation. See this post: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2410966
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Good news for guys not in the USA/NA; I've just had an email saying they've cut down the USPS International Shipping for orders OVER $29 (works for the GRT Case) for $8.95.
    orders UNDER $29 are $12.95.

1 x GTR case in black.............ordered and for 30 inc delivery instead of 50! Result!
    Last edited by Matt44; 05/28/2010 at 03:38 PM.