Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    As mentioned before, I have the Verizon version of this case, as well as a Phantomskinz on my Sprint Pre. In order to make the case fit a bit better and slide a whole lot easier, it will be necessary to perform a bit of surgery on this case.

In the below pic, the highlighted areas in green are the points of interest. They are small protrusions from the faceplate, designed to fit snugly against a naked Pre. Unfortunately, for one with skin, they can also cause the rails to bind.

The two around the notch for the USB door are the major culprits. The areas I scrapped down the most are highlighted in green in the below pic.

My tool of choice was the reamer from my multitool. I held the frame against a washcloth on a table as I scrapped layer by layer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    very cool, As soon as i got my PalmPre i wanted a case that enforced the slider and some type of plastic addon to put over the touchstone so that a person could place their phone in the same sweet spot on the touchstone every time. This takes care of both requests. Thanks for posting
    I have this case and I like it alot, the only drawback is when it is closed and you are charging via USB, you cannot slide open the phone to access the keyboard. The USB plug catches the bottom part of the case.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    thanks again for the pics of where to shave the case down to work better with a skin. I am still working on getting it just right, but it is definitely better now.
    Yes there other post about this, but I think my title is way better!!
    I got my Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit Friday and love it!
    This is the slimmer one and as far as I can tell it does not need anything trimmed - it opens just fine with one thumb.
    It feels like it would be difficult to use any of the buttons or usb port - but with my medium sized fingers I can use power/ volume /usb port with no problem.
    It does make the wobble in the slider moot.
    Customer support was excellent. They got a few in, I placed an order but could not see how to get it shippined USPS so I called: By the time it was all done they had sold out the few that they had. Such is life.
    Well, about 20 minutes latter the same person called me back to let me know that the slimmer case for the Palm Pre Plus would fit mine (I could not convince her that I HAD a Plus! She has a Very Nice accent, but hard for me to understand! Why 2 different model numbers???) So they sent me what I needed and they took the initiative to call me; NICE!
    I do woryy that I will now get many more Over Heating messages with a cover on it - but the temps for those warnigs are So Low I'm thinking of removing that patch.

Anyone find which belt clip goes wit this?

Here it is and it is nice! Looks like they have them in stock.

Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF
    Did you get the chrome or the blue?

Trying to find out if the chrome is super shiny (like it shows on Verizon's site) or more like a dulled/silver, like it shows in the linked picture.
    Blue was the only choice when I bought it. But as the only color I wanted was black- I'm not happy about the color, but that is minor for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Did you get the chrome or the blue?

Trying to find out if the chrome is super shiny (like it shows on Verizon's site) or more like a dulled/silver, like it shows in the linked picture.
    I just got the chrome one.

It's not super shiny and looks fairly good.

I'm not 100% sold on the case as it's too slick. Seems slicker then the pre is without a case.

I got it because the Sedio type case is not designed correctly with the use of the clip on tabs. The tabs will always break. This case looks to be well designed and made.
    I see I've been Incorporated
    Like I said - mine needed now tabs filed - maybe a different manufactuering run???
    I have one and its Super Shiny. Not Grey and Dull
    I ordered mine from Palm Pre/Palm Pre Plus GRT Case Kit - Palm - Palm Pre - Palm Pre Plus - Verizon - AGF
    and it took 6 days to get it. They aren't out of stock and it works great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by menace187 View Post
    lmao the back looks like mickey mouse lol...... Do they make the front in black instead of that blue, don't get me wrong the blue does look nice, but i would prefer black

lmfao!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    I just got mine--the blue one. It's much better than the old Verizon/Sprint versions (I have those too ) It feels much less bulky and more rounded, and the front plate has a rubberized feel to it. Also, the glide rails are smoother.

I'm not fond of the blue and chrome colors, however. Why in the world don't they make a black version????
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I just got mine--the blue one. It's much better than the old Verizon/Sprint versions (I have those too ) It feels much less bulky and more rounded, and the front plate has a rubberized feel to it. Also, the glide rails are smoother.

I'm not fond of the blue and chrome colors, however. Why in the world don't they make a black version????
    I agree. Or at least more than those two colors. The blue doesn't look THAT bad to me in the pictures, but the silver/chrome has me scared because of how it looked on the older Sprint version of the case.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hope they get this back in stock soon since the one they sell online is slimmer than those in stores. My Pre is without a case right now and this is the one I need since the Sedio one is apparently cheap.
    Has anyone seen a similar case on an european store, preferred a german one? I searched for it on eBay and Amazon, but there's only a Case shipped from China on eBay that looks somehow dubious.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I ended up biting the bullet and getting one at Verizon. The first one I bought from them was really stiff to slide. I waited to see if it would get better after using the slider for a bit, but it didn't. Took it back to the store and they were all sold out, but thankfully another store had them in stock in the back room. The new one I got seems to be much better and slide alright.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the case so far. I love the fact the case does not clip in between the gaps of the phone causing more stress on the slider, but this case is quite restrictive on using the buttons. The access to the power button is slim since the plastic goes right up next to it on one side leaving little room for your finger, but you somewhat get used to it. The volume button seems to be impacted the most, but again, I can live with that.

The case itself feels very solid and really makes you feel like your Pre is safe. I wish they used a rubberized back on the case instead of a smooth plastic one, but it does not feel like it's sliding out of my hand. The chrome is a little tacky, but it's growing on me a little. The hole cut out for the Touchstone is wonderful. From the pictures I thought that hole might be uncomfortable for the hands, but it really isn't a problem at all. It feels completely fine in your hands.

The install of the case is simple. Set the Pre in the bottom part of the case, and then pop the front cover on. That's it and even better, it is really simple to take off. I've popped it off a few times within a matter of seconds.

Overall I'd say this is a wonderful case for your Pre for the fact it protects your slider and has a very solid build quality. I wish the access to the buttons was better, but that is something I can live with.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Just to echo and reinforce what other posters have said in this very helpful thread -

The Verizon GRT Case is GREAT.

I have a Sprint Pre - went down to the local Verizon Store (in Medford, Oregon, close to where I live) - they had around half a dozen in Chrome/Black - and one or two in Pink/Black. I got the Pink. Putting it onto my Pre was simple and easy - it took all of 5 to 10 seconds - and the case works exactly as others have described it -

It slides easily - but gives a strong feeling of total security. Though my Pre is a new one and hasn't suffered from any signs of the dreaded Oreo effect, I wanted to get a case which was not only protective but would also help reinforce the solidity of the slider mechanism (which by its very nature is subject to wear and tear and deterioration) - and this case obviously does all that.

As a huge side benefit it's also TOTALLY COMPATIBLE with my Touchstone charger - the case-equipped phone slides right onto the charger just as it did before (with no case) and clicks satisfyingly into place - and immediately begins charging.

The ONLY real downside is that, because of the way it fits, it makes opening the tiny cover over the USB port a little challenging. It helps to have either tiny fingers or long fingernails - but I don't have either of those, so it took a little patience and some coaxing to get the USB port cover opened - which I had to do, to plug in my car phone charger. There's barely room for the USB cover to get out of the way before plugging the charger in.....but once it's plugged in, it does work normally. But I don't mind a trading a little difficulty with opening the USB port - for the protectiveness of the case - AND its Touchstone capability.

All in all, this seems like a well built and superior product. And it's nice to feel that my Pre....now has an extra layer of serious protection on it. I know some people feel cases spoil the classic elegant lines of a naked Pre - and in a way they're right - but there's something reassuring about the notion that if my Pre falls....it will be protected.

Just wanted to pass on my .02

Miguel
    Last edited by MiguelATF; 05/09/2010 at 07:17 PM.

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I agree with you completely Miguel.
    I also have a sprint but bought the verizon case and you are 100 percent right. I love it.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast