Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 234
  1. #61  
    cal777flyer - the one that AGF has in-stock is the slimmer one. Verizon doesn't have that one yet (they have the older ones). Also they should be back in-stock tmrw (4/27/10) if you fill out their "tell me when it's back in-stock" form they will email you when they have stock. They are actually really good about that. I was pleasantly surprised.
  2. #62  
    Just got the Case (black chrome) and gotta say it is freakin awesome!

    The only gripes I have with it are the the back is a bit to slick vs the Touchstone back and the USB flap is a bit had (at first) to open with the case on.

    Phone feels better to hold while talking on and feels GREAT to open and close!
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by phonefreak5 View Post
    cal777flyer - the one that AGF has in-stock is the slimmer one. Verizon doesn't have that one yet (they have the older ones). Also they should be back in-stock tmrw (4/27/10) if you fill out their "tell me when it's back in-stock" form they will email you when they have stock. They are actually really good about that. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Actually, I did a upc code look up and discovered that the chrome black case at the verizon store I went to was the new 'slimmer design'. They let me take it out of the package and try it on the phone. I fell in love with it right away! This beats the sprint case hands down. It is much slimmer and has a much better feel to it. I bought the case and when I got home I shaved down the same protrusions that 'Brain ReCall' did and this case slides open and closed EASILY with one hand.

    I think anyone even considering the sprint case should go straight to a verizon store and buy this case, or order it online. The cutout for the touchstone allows the phone to connect to the touchstone as if there was no case on at all. The cutout might look a little 'mickey mouse' but the functionality is awesome. Do yourself a favor and don't even waist time with the sprint store case!

    Thanks for everyone's help.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    Just got the Case (black chrome) and gotta say it is freakin awesome!

    The only gripes I have with it are the the back is a bit to slick vs the Touchstone back and the USB flap is a bit had (at first) to open with the case on.

    Phone feels better to hold while talking on and feels GREAT to open and close!
    I agree on the gripe about the slickness of the back, a rubberized feel like the touchstone back cover would have been nicer. That was not a deal killer for me, and considering all the other great qualities of this case it was a no-brainer for me to pull the trigger on this one.
  5. dr3wster's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #65  
    For those of you who have bought this case, is it hard to take off again? I'm thinking of getting the non-touchstone version because it'd be weird to have a gaping big whole in the back of my phone!! ... but would still like to be able to use my touchstone by taking the back cover off!
  6. RobtRoma's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    For those of you who have bought this case, is it hard to take off again?
    It's not difficult to remove once you figure out how. The one I got didn't come with any instructions on the proper way to take it off. What I do is slide the top up so it's about 3/4 open. Then I can use my fingertip to pull the bottom track away from the top and the thing basically pops apart.
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
  7. RobtRoma's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    The only gripes I have with it are the the back is a bit to slick vs the Touchstone back and the USB flap is a bit had (at first) to open with the case on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
    I agree on the gripe about the slickness of the back, a rubberized feel like the touchstone back cover would have been nicer. That was not a deal killer for me, and considering all the other great qualities of this case it was a no-brainer for me to pull the trigger on this one.
    I feel the exact same way. A rubberized back would have made this case just about perfect...
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
  8. gpgyo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
    Actually, I did a upc code look up and discovered that the chrome black case at the verizon store I went to was the new 'slimmer design'.
    Can you post the UPC codes of the new and old cases? Thanks.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    Can you post the UPC codes of the new and old cases? Thanks.
    Actually it was not a UPC code but it was the inscription on the inside of the black back cover...

    It says ...
    (under the AGF symbol)

    'AG-P-0526'

    I called the AGF contact number on their website and the lady put me on hold and then came back and verified that this was the new slimmer case.

    I hope that helps. I have the black/ chrome case and I am not sure if the number is different on the blue colored case. At any rate, if you have any questions call the AGF number and I'm sure they will help you also. They were extremely nice and helpful on the phone.
  10. rpr
    rpr is offline
    rpr's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #70  
    Just ordered the black/chrome today.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  11. RobtRoma's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
    Actually it was not a UPC code but it was the inscription on the inside of the black back cover...

    It says ...
    (under the AGF symbol)

    'AG-P-0526'

    I called the AGF contact number on their website and the lady put me on hold and then came back and verified that this was the new slimmer case.

    I hope that helps. I have the black/ chrome case and I am not sure if the number is different on the blue colored case.
    Hmmm... I just looked at the part numbers on the back halves of the blue case I ordered about 2 weeks ago directly from AGF. The standard back has the following stamped inside:

    AG-P-0671
    REV 01 CAV 1
    - POM -
    PATENT PENDING
    AGP

    The Touchstone back has this:

    R 01 C 01
    - POM -
    PATENT PENDING
    AG-P-0672
    AGP

    I wonder if they have different part numbers for the cases manufactured for the carriers...
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobtRoma View Post
    Hmmm... I just looked at the part numbers on the back halves of the blue case I ordered about 2 weeks ago directly from AGF. The standard back has the following stamped inside:

    AG-P-0671
    REV 01 CAV 1
    - POM -
    PATENT PENDING
    AGP

    The Touchstone back has this:

    R 01 C 01
    - POM -
    PATENT PENDING
    AG-P-0672
    AGP

    I wonder if they have different part numbers for the cases manufactured for the carriers...
    Now you have me wondering if she was wrong on the phone? My numbers are....

    REV 13 CAV 02
    POM
    PATENT PENDING
    AGF
    AG-P-0526

    After buying the Sprint case and taking it back, this case seemed so tiny that when she told me that on the phone I was convinced she was right....now I am not so sure?

    Can anyone else chime in with an older case and say what their numbers are?

    If this is the old case, I must say that I am still very happy with it's size. It seems perfect to me, and much better than the Sprint case in numerous ways not just size!
  13. cpfms's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
    Actually, I did a upc code look up and discovered that the chrome black case at the verizon store I went to was the new 'slimmer design'. They let me take it out of the package and try it on the phone. I fell in love with it right away! This beats the sprint case hands down. It is much slimmer and has a much better feel to it. I bought the case and when I got home I shaved down the same protrusions that 'Brain ReCall' did and this case slides open and closed EASILY with one hand.

    I think anyone even considering the sprint case should go straight to a verizon store and buy this case, or order it online. The cutout for the touchstone allows the phone to connect to the touchstone as if there was no case on at all. The cutout might look a little 'mickey mouse' but the functionality is awesome. Do yourself a favor and don't even waist time with the sprint store case!

    Thanks for everyone's help.
    Got my case today. Had a little bit of clicking on the right hand side of my phone when opened and this case took care of it completely. I have a BSE skin on mine and am interested in pics possibly of where to shave the case down to be able to open one-handed again.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
  14. #74  
    +1 for pics of these tabs that stick out.
  15. cpfms's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #75  
    I purchased one of these for my wife and she hates the cut out since we don't have a touchstone charger. I was wondering if anyone who purchased a kit or a sprint version would be interested in trading or selling their solid back cover for a touchstone cut out back cover.She has the pink front but the back piece is black. PM if interested.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Does anyone know if it's compatible with Zagg's Invisible shield? I have the full body one
    I'm curious about this too. The case looks slick, not worth the money though if it won't fit over my more expensive Zagg shield, lol.
  17. cpfms's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #77  
    It fits fine. It just takes some time to break it in for 1 handed sliding. We are waiting on some pics hopefully of how to shave something down on the case to make it work easier.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
  18. #78  
    I'll try to get a guide together tonight when I get off work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I'll try to get a guide together tonight when I get off work.
    I am currently out of town but when I get back in on friday I will be glad to add some pics if you can't get it uploaded for any reason.

    I also have the old Sprint case at home that I haven't taken back yet so I can upload side by side pics of both cases if anyone is interested (let me know).
  20. #80  
    I spoke with AGF again today and was informed that the case I have is NOT the new slimmer case. Sorry for any confusion folks.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions