Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I ordered the same exact case (blue) last Thursday after reading a different post about it. I got it on Monday and I've got to say it's really nice. Looking at the front of the phone, it looks great and it fits perfect. I love the metallic blue. The back... not so much. The Mickey Mouse cutout kinda looks like crap but it is functional. So far, it's lined up my Pre with my Touchstone perfectly every time.

It feels very good in the hand and it's not too bulky for me. It also feels very solid. The corners have a good amount of plastic and about 1/16" of air space between the Pre and the case. I can see this being helpful in a drop. It's a little thick on the side but I can get to the USB port no problem. The thickness is required for the glide rails. The power button is a little more difficult to hit but not bad. The volume buttons are interfered with the most. Sometimes it takes me a couple of tries to hit them but I'm getting used to it.

One thing I did notice is the USB cover needs to be fully pushed in. If not, it could prevent the case from opening. Also, it's much easier to plug the USB cable into the port when the Pre keyboard is closed. When it's all the way open, the USB cover can be opened, but it's much more difficult because the bottom half of the case is not cut away as much in this position. There have been a few times I couldn't get the USB cover off at all with the Pre open. In between, the USB cover can't be opened at all because the case rails are covering it.

The case didn't come with any kind of instructions but it is certainly easy enough to snap together. It took me a few minutes to figure out the best way to get it apart so I could change the battery though.

I thought about getting the Verizon version ($25) but I didn't like the Pink and I wanted something that would stand out more than the silver did. I also looked at Sprint and they had a red version ($30). It was OK but a little to bright for me. The blue was the perfect compromise. It cost $35 but at least the shipping was free.

Finally, it fits perfectly in the Verizon PDA Universal Side Pouch I got for free with my car charger. Not too snug or too loose.

All-in-all Iím very impressed with this case. If it holds up for the long run and keeps my Pre protected, it will be one of the best purchases I've made.
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by novakry View Post
    Does anyone know if they ship to the UK, as I'm thinking I might give it a go.
    I didn't see anything on their site. You should send them an e-mail and ask. They seem pretty responsive.
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    What about a Holster for the case it would be nice too
    The case has two holes on the bottom and an indent on the top. To me, they look like they are intended for a belt clip. I didn't see anything on their site though. Maybe it's going to be a future accessory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad German View Post
    Looks like it's sold out.
    I received two of these cases for free for reviewing. Silver with ts compatible back and blue with regular back. Personally I prefer my Pre bare in it's original pouch and I didn't have any oreo to begin with so if anyone wants these I'm willing to ship it to you for free. (within US) Just drop me a PM!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    I received two of these cases for free for reviewing. Silver with ts compatible back and blue with regular back. Personally I prefer my Pre bare in it's original pouch and I didn't have any oreo to begin with so if anyone wants these I'm willing to ship it to you for free. (within US) Just drop me a PM!
    pm sent
    I'm going to be getting 2 on friday (unless cgokcea sends them my way) It seems that they are sold out until then. My fiancee loves the look and the back for the touchstone for placement.

Although I would love a holster clip my girl would not... she says they look geeky...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    pm sent 2nd

(or 3rd I guess)
    Ok peeps I got enough PMs. Trying to figure out who gets what right now. Please don't PM me for these anymore.
    What if I post asking you to send me one? Just kidding, but I am looking into getting one. Does anyone know if it's compatible with Zagg's Invisible shield? I have the full body one (ripoff with touchstone back, honestly).
    Anybody that has this case for a while: How are they holding up?
    Has it saved anyones phone from damage?
    I've been using one for about a week. It is pretty bulky but I'm getting used to it. It's also hard to get to the power/volume switches but I'm adapting.

As far as protection goes, I feel A LOT more comfortable with it in my pocket now.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but the Verizon screen protectors don't cover the entire front of the phone. I'll feel better with a protector that is large enough to tuck under the case edges...
    The Chrome/Black for the Pre Plus looks more silver than chrome to me... as compared to the chrome one you can buy through Verizon's site.

Can anyone confirm this? I like the look of the silver, but the chrome... not so much.
    Can anyone confirm if this is easier to open and close compared to the sprint case?

Can this be opened with one hand, or is it a two hand operation?

The sprint case does not slide easily and can not be opened with one hand. After a week of wearing it in, the case was easier to operate but it was still a two hand operation for sure.

Also....

The sprint case cut out does not go all the way through like the AGF(it is not a hole!), so in my experience it was hard to find the sweet spot for the touchstone to connect to. It would do the on off connection problem if not placed perfectly on the charger in just the right spot... too annoying for me to deal with. I have no problem with the touchstone if I am not using the case (naked pre) by the way. Does the Verizon store version have the cut out hole like the AGF version or is it just an indentation like the Sprint store version?

Finally, when did they say the black one was coming out (if anyone knows)?

Thank you in advance.
    Ken
    The Verizon case has the cutout and works well with the Touchstone; the Sprint case has no cutout. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$'$s$ $been$ $no$ $mention$ $of$ $a$ $black$ $front$ $piece$ $being$ $planned$. $I$ $spray$-$painted$ $the$ $red$ $Sprint$ $front$ $piece$ $black$.
    thank you 'Dr Grace'. How about the slider mechanism? Is it smoother than the Sprint case?
    It's similar to the Sprint case. Doesn't slide as easily as the Seidio case, but it's usable.
    Thank you, I was afraid of that. I like to be able to open the phone with only one hand and the sprint one was way to stiff for that. I do like the solid feeling of the case though... I guess it is a trade-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
    Thank you, I was afraid of that. I like to be able to open the phone with only one hand and the sprint one was way to stiff for that. I do like the solid feeling of the case though... I guess it is a trade-off.
    I have the Verizon version, and it was pretty stiff for me as well. However, I also have a Phantomskinz over the screen. So I checked the top part of the case and there are a few protrusions on the inside left and right sides. I shaved those down, and after a few days its quite easy to open one-handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I have the Verizon version, and it was pretty stiff for me as well. However, I also have a Phantomskinz over the screen. So I checked the top part of the case and there are a few protrusions on the inside left and right sides. I shaved those down, and after a few days its quite easy to open one-handed.
    Well that sounds good to me. I just took my sprint case back and I am going to give this case a try. I really like the sleek design of the Seidio case but all the broken tab problems coupled with the oreo issue made me steer clear of that case. The biggest problem with the Sprint case was the fact that it didn't make a good connection with the Touchstone and would sometimes give me on off charging cycle problems. The Sprint case was also a little too bulky looking in my opinion (but I can live with that). I am hoping the AGF new 'slimmer' design case will be a little cleaner looking. The video makes it look pretty nice. They are out of the blue cases currently but claim they will have more in stock soon. I am just glad I can find a case that works so well with the Touchstone charger.

Thanks
    I am wondering if anyone knows how to tell the difference between the new slimmer case and the older ones? I am at a verizon store looking at the case and would like to know which one I am looking at. I am impatient and I am wondering if it is worth waiting for AGF to get more stock in. I called them today and was told that they do not know how long it will be.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast