Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Yes, I ordered mine today using the discount link. I should be able to jimmy-rig a belt clip.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I posted here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/278775-need-protective-case.html#post2915658[/URL] on this case. I've had mine for several months and just modified the non-touchstone back for the touchstone. I should also mention that I have the Zagg full front shield on the phone as well so marks from the case I'm not worried about.
    I hope that they update this case to fit the Pre3.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I got mine today (The ATT double pack) and it is super hard to open/close. I saw that a few other people are having this problem, is there a "fix" or is it just something you have to live with to have a case like this? I tried both the faces/backs and they were all equally hard to slide, maybe a problem with my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    I posted here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/278775-need-protective-case.html#post2915658[/URL] on this case. I've had mine for several months and just modified the non-touchstone back for the touchstone. I should also mention that I have the Zagg full front shield on the phone as well so marks from the case I'm not worried about.

Would you mind explaining how you modified that back?

-furygoalbrtis39
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    I got mine today (The ATT double pack) and it is super hard to open/close. I saw that a few other people are having this problem, is there a "fix" or is it just something you have to live with to have a case like this? I tried both the faces/backs and they were all equally hard to slide, maybe a problem with my phone?
    maybe it will be loose after using it for some time. did it eliminate the oreo effect?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I took the case with the touchstone cutout and traced it to the non-touchstone back and with a Dremel (rotary tool) cut out the area so it also had the opening for the touchstone. After doing the initial cut used a sanding/buffing bit to smooth out the opening.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legion732 View Post
    maybe it will be loose after using it for some time. did it eliminate the oreo effect?
    Yes, the oreo is gone, but it is still very hard to open/close. I took the case off today, and it was so easy to open/close that I was tempted to not put it back on.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've been using the case for several months now and don't have any problem sliding the phone. I usually have my fingers on the back of the phone and use my thumb on the screen to push it up. It may just take a little time for the case to loosen up. I'd suggest using a "lubricant" on the slide rails to help but I can't think of any that wouldn't be messy and get on the phone and your hands, maybe someone else here knows of something to use. Good luck!
    Hi, has anyone used this case with the Pre 2? I've only read that one person in this thread has used it but it's a very tight fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escalus View Post
    Hi, has anyone used this case with the Pre 2? I've only read that one person in this thread has used it but it's a very tight fit.
    I'm using one on my Pre 2. Yes its a a tight fit.

KY helps. Along with continued use, it's loosening up a bit ........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I've been using it for a few weeks now, and still each time I take it off I remember how nice the slider was before I put this case on. I just can't stand the oreo, or this case would be gone. I don't know if it's because of my screen cover, but I don't think it makes a significant difference. Also, my phone is a minus, which I don't think makes a difference, but I don't know.
    You can go on eBay and find plenty of them for $7.99 to $12.99. While NONE are black, and most are the silver or chrome option, there is one that has a gray option, which looks pretty good. I ordered extra (blue, chrome and gray). Depending upon whether you insist upon a solid back (no touchstone) or a cut-away back (touchstone). I'll sell the extras for what I paid.

You can get whatever color they carry on the AGF site, but it will cost you $34.99. I would have loved to had black, but not for 3-5 times the price.

One last thing for the haters of the blue... I have noticed, since I stopped using a belt case, that I tend to put my phone down and lose track of it. YEARS ago, I had a neon yellow case, and I could always see my phone where I put it down. When I switched to a black case, I would turn a room upside down looking for it. So, I will probably use the blue, because it stands out more than the other colors. That will leave a dark gray and a chrome up for grabs. I should have them early to middle of next week.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    You can go on eBay and find plenty of them for $7.99 to $12.99. While NONE are black, and most are the silver or chrome option, there is one that has a gray option, which looks pretty good. I ordered extra (blue, chrome and gray). Depending upon whether you insist upon a solid back (no touchstone) or a cut-away back (touchstone). I'll sell the extras for what I paid.

You can get whatever color they carry on the AGF site, but it will cost you $34.99. I would have loved to had black, but not for 3-5 times the price.

One last thing for the haters of the blue... I have noticed, since I stopped using a belt case, that I tend to put my phone down and lose track of it. YEARS ago, I had a neon yellow case, and I could always see my phone where I put it down. When I switched to a black case, I would turn a room upside down looking for it. So, I will probably use the blue, because it stands out more than the other colors. That will leave a dark gray and a chrome up for grabs. I should have them early to middle of next week.
    Id be intested in one or both of your extra cases if youd be willing to ship it to Mexico - over here the only thing I could find to protect my pre- is a cheap crystal case which after dropping it a couple of times already broke, but at least it saved my pre from damage!

So if youre up for it let me know how much it would cost me for regular USPS international shipping to zip code is 62550 (Jiutepec, Morelos, Mexico). I can pay you with my paypal account. Im intested in one or 2 cases with touchstone back, whatever color front you have availa. Id really like to avoid having to pay the whopping $43.94 the AGF Online Store would charge me, unfortunately the ATT store doesnt ship outside the US so I hope youll help me out!

BTW Ive been using Palm PDAs since the days of the first Handspring Visor, just last August I got my first smartphone - the original Pre in Germany from O2, it works great on telcel in Mexico only problem I cant buy any paid apps since I dont have a european credit card!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112