Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to get a scratch protector from my phone and from what I can tell all these producs are basically the same. It seems that all are a pain in the neck to install and all include lifetime warranties.

Any thoughts from anyone who has used these? Is there anything that sets one apart from the rest? It doesn't look any of them do 100% coverage...none completely cover the corners.
    I have tried Invisible Shield and Skinomi. Pretty impressed by the Skinomi. Looks great, great customer service, and they have on that just covers the front of the Pre and doesn't go around the sides and corners, if you prefer. Invisible Shield was basically the same material, but it has more orange peel in the skin.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Phantom skinz has the best feel imo.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Phantom Skinz cover the side and corners as well. There is no difference in screen color or anything like that. I saw a few other screen protectors and Phantom Skinz are of better quality in my opinion. I actually prefer the feeling of the screen with them on than naked!
    I use the skinomi skin. I can't even tell it's there, and it's very easy to put on. It's also less annoying in sunlight.
    I forgot which screen protector I installed but had it on since July only issues is the orange peel on each corner. I'm just too lazy to install another one but I know my pre is safe!
    --Marvin
    skinomi is #1 for me because its smooth and not sticky to the touch. Much easier to install than zagg and won't start to lift and peel off like zagg either. I installed skinomi on an Ipod touch, 2 Pre's, Samsung Exclaim and a complete body for a PSP 3000. They all turned out great and have held up very well.

buy from Amazon cheaper than form Skinomi website.

also I recommend a very steamy bathroom for install to prevent any dust from getting under the skin.
    I have the zagg. It curves around the body, and has slowly been lifting. Within a month, all the ~3mm wide 'fingers' came off, so I clipped them away. A couple more months, and another edge lifted, so I clipped away some more. At this rate, I doubt it will last a year, but I am fine with that.

A friend with a droid has a cover sold at the verizon store. It is pretty hard, and is just a square. It is showing a bit of lint getting under the corners, but I can't imagine the whole thing ever popping off. On the other hand, the screen is not very responsive with it (although I never played with it without the screen).

I second the steamy bathroom, but once you get the main front face lined up, go into dry air. Else, the tabs that fit around the curves will never dry and shrink fit to the curves.
    Zagg's really gone downhill in the last couple of years. Their pattern accuracy isn't what it used to be, and they stopped including the spray bottle for applying the skin. Now you get a wet sponge that's HORRIBLE to use.'

Anyway, I tried Phantom SKinz on my Pre; WORLDS easier to apply, fits better, looks better, and doesn't pick up lint along the edges like all my Zagg installations do.
    I've had a zagg and now I'm using a phantom skinz, the phantom skinz is waay better in my opinion a lot smoother than the zagg and slightly thinner film.
    I have skinomi and love it. Unlimited replacements for 9.95
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I have Skinomi too.

And just to clarify on the post above, initially 9.95, and unlimited FREE replacements. I pulled mine off when Sprint replaced my phone, and Skinomi sent me a new one then too. Great product. No peeling.
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
    +1 for the Skinomi protector. I have one on my Pre and Zune HD and couldn't be more satisfied with the look, feel, and customer service for replacements.
    are you guys getting any bubbles with skinomi? I'm getting mine in the mail today.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    are you guys getting any bubbles with skinomi? I'm getting mine in the mail today.
    I have very few which are hardly noticeable at all.
    ok I got the skinomi skin or screen protector and installed it with no bubbles, but how long does the rainbow look under the protector last? What I mean by that is, the water trapped between the screen and protector. If everything clears up in a couple of day, I would say this is the best protector I've used.
    I just installed the Skinomi on mine. It is pretty nice... but i'm not sure i'd get it again over a Bodyguardz. It seemed to take forever for the bubbles to work out... but they eventually did. They are 9.95 apiece - Bodyguardz are two for 14.99. Basically the same screen protectors. I ordered the Bodyguardz for my parent's pres they ordered recently.
    I haven't used Skinomi but I'll say this: the ZAGG Invisishield is a horrible product. Yea, it protects the phone. Unfortunately, it's horrible texture also makes it nigh unusable. I took it off and threw it away after a week. I guess it would work nice if you were to sand it, but no matter how much protection it gives there's no way I'm using sandpaper on my Pre...
    Since no one else mentioned these... I will provide a link: BodyGuardz for Palm Pre Plus - BodyGuardz | Skins, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Cases, Clear, Film

I've had excellent luck with them!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    I haven't used Skinomi but I'll say this: the ZAGG Invisishield is a horrible product. Yea, it protects the phone. Unfortunately, it's horrible texture also makes it nigh unusable. I took it off and threw it away after a week. I guess it would work nice if you were to sand it, but no matter how much protection it gives there's no way I'm using sandpaper on my Pre...
    I have to agree. I had best buy put on my zagg and I had it on for 3 weeks and ripped it off. I hated how it felt and looked. I then tried phantom skins and both the protectors they sent had a defect in them. There was a line running across the screen. Phantom skins looked fine and felt fine but just not happy with the paticular ones that I got.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast