Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    quick question...so i'm going to buy a screen protecter for my pre as i want to prevent it from getting more scuffed than it already is.. but i have one question. Is it ok to use the back protector with the touchstone kit or will it melt or something? i'm leaning towards the skinomi

Also, for those who have used the Skinomi, is it a pain to install?? I had the Zagg when i first bought me Pre and it was a total hassle to install and i ended up throwing it out due the bubbles and texture of it..
    Last edited by ryudo423; 05/18/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Also, for those who have used the Skinomi, is it a pain to install?? I had the Zagg when i first bought me Pre and it was a total hassle to install and i ended up throwing it out due the bubbles and texture of it..
    I originally had Best Buy install the Zagg protector, 3 times before they got it right and in the end the sides peeled up anyway. So I was nervous about installing the Skinomi, but it was Super easy. Less than 10 minutes to install, no bubbles or anything. I let it sit powered off overnight and used it the next day. Follow the instructions, spray liberally and be deliberate and you'll have no problems.
    -
    +1 for skinomi and the unlimited replacements
    I just installed the Phantom Skinz. I'm very pleased with the results. I dorked up the first install but learned a good lesson. I ended up cutting/removing the tabs that wrap around the 4 corners before starting my next install. Second install went great. It was much easier to install without the corner protection.

The skin is crystal clear after a day. No bubbles or orange peel effect. I had a small scratch in the middle of my screen that's no longer visible after applying the skin. Highly recommend this product.
    Installed Zagg Invisibleshield. Very difficult and results, for me, were poor. I like the wrap around protection and feel of the screen is fine for me. BUT I am ordering Skinomi and will be removing this when they arrive.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Skinomi Tech Skin is self healing and is made of the same material used to protect helicoptor blades, and after it settles it's smooth and non-sticky.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Skinomi Tech Skin is self healing and is made of the same material used to protect helicoptor blades, and after it settles it's smooth and non-sticky.
    So are all of the other types of these skins. They are all made from the same basic material.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    So are all of the other types of these skins. They are all made from the same basic material.
    So in other words, all skins are created equal. Lol
    If you say so.

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    So in other words, all skins are created equal. Lol
    If you say so.
    Of course not. Each manufacturer comes up with their own cut and some even add top layers of the base product. This does not change the fact that every skin has the qualities you listed because the base product is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Of course not. Each manufacturer comes up with their own cut and some even add top layers of the base product. This does not change the fact that every skin has the qualities you listed because the base product is the same.
    Okey Dokey!

Got the Skinomi skins installed on my Pre and wifes Pixi. Was fairly easy to do. Made my bathroom steamy and did it in there. If you live in Arizona like I do or somewhere really dusty I recommend this technique.

The thing practically installs itself. It looked really terrible after doing it, with pockets of water and air under the skin. Let it sit for the full 24 hours before using. After about a week all the blemishes had faded away. I can hardly tell it is on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    quick question...so i'm going to buy a screen protecter for my pre as i want to prevent it from getting more scuffed than it already is.. but i have one question. Is it ok to use the back protector with the touchstone kit or will it melt or something? i'm leaning towards the skinomi

has anyone tried the skimoni with the touchstone? no issues??

i recently got the screen only on skimoni and absolutely love it. looks perfect and feels fantastic - and their customer service is great! i love it so much i want to switch to the full skin -but would like to hear from those of you that use the full with the touchstone. thanks!
    ok - i just finished putting on my full skin from skimoni -putting it on does take some patience and as per the directions i found using a hair dryer on low helped. let it sit overnight and it looks perfect this AM. the corners takes some time but well worth it. i love the feel of the skin and to have it protecting the entire pre is fantastic. also- it works with the touchstone. i highly recommend the skimoni!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I've tried them all....Bodyguardz is the best I've found...
    thanks - in your opinion what makes bodyguardz best? how's it compare to skimoni??
    thanks!
    I just recently purchased the Boxwave anti-glare screen for my Pre.....and I have to say that it works great. Easy to put on....no spray needed....and virtually bubble free...lint cloth and squeege included. Does a great job in sunlight.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    has anyone tried the skimoni with the touchstone? no issues??

i recently got the screen only on skimoni and absolutely love it. looks perfect and feels fantastic - and their customer service is great! i love it so much i want to switch to the full skin -but would like to hear from those of you that use the full with the touchstone. thanks!
    Skinomi works great with TS. If anyone has bubbles, it will go away eventually. My back cover was full of bubbles, and now, can't even see a single one. I can't explain it, but give it at least 4-5 days and it will disappear!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Skinomi works great with TS. If anyone has bubbles, it will go away eventually. My back cover was full of bubbles, and now, can't even see a single one. I can't explain it, but give it at least 4-5 days and it will disappear!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    Zagg's really gone downhill in the last couple of years. Their pattern accuracy isn't what it used to be, and they stopped including the spray bottle for applying the skin. Now you get a wet sponge that's HORRIBLE to use.'

Anyway, I tried Phantom SKinz on my Pre; WORLDS easier to apply, fits better, looks better, and doesn't pick up lint along the edges like all my Zagg installations do.
    My Invisible Shield came with a spray bottle. But I had Best Buy Mobile install it. They did a terrible job. I got my installation money back (I ordered mine from Zagg online and had it shipped since Best Buy doesn't carry the Pre Plus model) and I went to an Invisible Shield kiosk at the mall and he put it on perfectly. Seriously, the shield has awesome fit and finish. But yes I wish it wasn't so grippy when dragging a finger on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I forgot which screen protector I installed but had it on since July only issues is the orange peel on each corner. I'm just too lazy to install another one but I know my pre is safe!
    Orange peel on each corner? I am not sure you know what orange peel means.
    I've had my Skinomi on for three months, and am totally satisfied with it. I have a Pre Plus, so I bought just the front side display cover (no wraparound). With the Touchstone back on this model, I doubted that the Skinomi would adhere to the soft-touch surface (apparently it does, but it would certainly mess up the feel, making the Pre slippery).

I had a little orange peel effect and some bubbles after applying the Skinomi, but all that cleared up overnight.

Since then, my only complaint is that it picked up some small gouges during the time that I was using a Seidio Innocase instead of the OEM microfiber case (probably from the case of my pocket knife). I can feel those spots when swiping across the surface, but otherwise don't really notice them. Since these are pretty minor, I've not felt the need to invoke the lifetime warranty for a replacement (and it proves to me that I needed to have a screen protector!).

As for protecting the Touchstone back: I've had no problems with the back getting marred. The soft touch surface is either scratch resistant or just doesn't show scratches. Why mess with that nice feel by covering it with slick plastic?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast