Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just the other day my pre crashed while charging on the Touchstone. This has never happened before. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with any new patches or Kernels I just install. 2 days ago I placed the Pre on the Touchstone, connection was made and begain to charge as normal. I set the alarm and went to bed. I woke up the next day and the Pre was 100% dead(showing plug icon). Last night I docked it again, set the alarm and went to bed. Woke to the alarm and hit snooze. Great Pre worked, maybe it was just a fluke! Ummm....no after hit snooze a few times the alarm never went off again. I woke and the Pre was stuck on a black dim lit screen. Was not able to wake it. Pulled battery, rebooted and battery was 100% charged! I just resently installed the ipk 800MHz kernel and 1.1. Scaling app. This never happened prior to this. Anyone else have same issue? Thanks
    Last edited by Spikea4; 04/18/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    not the 800 kernel been using that for a couple months could be the scaler look in the thread about it to see if there's any correlation
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Umm....ok I used the 720MHz.sh with no issues. Without scaling. I'm starting to think maybe it's the scaling range I have set. It was set to 250MHz-->800MHz. Maybe it scales to low for the Touchstone. Guess I could try 500MHz-->800MHz, see if that helps. Thanks
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I never have a problem with Temp! Everything works great. Just 2 nights in a row had the crashes on the Touchstone. Prehaps the alarm clock has something to do with it!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    cajr2008--Thanks for your response. I will hit the thank botton when back at my PC. I'm running a newer Pre and don't have any problems with 250MHz off the Touchstone. Hearing from someone with your knowledge puts my mind at ease! I'm hoping the undervoltage is the issue. It would make sense that voltage would be the issue. The phone waking up with the alarm, then going back to sleep when snoozed, would probably cause scaling back and forth. Then the voltage added by the Touchstone, maybe causing the device to lockup! Thanks again.