Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So far I've tried a couple of bluetooth headsets for my Pre Plus, with not much luck. The first was a $39.99 Samsung that actually seemed to work well, until I was on the phone with my girlfirend and went to the kitchen to get some water: when I turned on the faucet she freaked and wondered what the deafening noise was from. Then I tried a $59.99 Motorola, but it was a bit crackly and not secure in the ear.

I checked on cnet to look at their reviews. The highest rated one they have is $250 and was only 4/5 stars in both editor and user rating. So, with any bluetooth, will I have to settle for subpar sound quality?
    You didn't give much to go on as to what you're looking for. I've been pretty happy with my Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo BT. Stereo (obviously), sound quality is good, phone answers when I slide out the boom mic, hangs up when I close it. Nice device. I bought mine from Amazon when they had them marked down to about $32 (normally sell for around $115), but Amazon doesn't have them in stock anymore, and the best price I've seen is about $80.
    i have the plantronics backbeat stereo bluetooth. sound quality is awesome. cost 75.00 at my sprint store
    Works great. No issues pairing. been using 6 months. Also supports A2DP for music, important feature not in many BT earbud headsets.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My wife and I have tried a lot of BT headset's over the years, forget about ANY Motorola headset there all garbage. We like Jabra as our second favorite I wouldn't recommend Blue Ant either because of my experience with there ****ty customer service, I am currently using a Plantronics Voyager Pro, this is by far the best headset, (other than the Blue Ant Q1 that I'm not going to replace), that I've had. No body I talk to with the Voyager Pro has complained about it even in windy or noisy conditions. They say the can't tell that I'm using a headset, so they don't know that I'm talking to them with one. I had one complaint with this headset and as soon as I redirected the A/C vents in my truck they said it cleared up, the A/C was blowing in my face so there was a lot of wind noise on there end. We have also found that a mini-boom type of design works a lot better than the ear bud type, the closer you can get the mic to your mouth the better you'll be understood at the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdfs View Post
    Works great. No issues pairing. been using 6 months. Also supports A2DP for music, important feature not in many BT earbud headsets.
    Jabra +1

BT5020 and BT4010 here. Use it for conference calls when I'm working at home, sound's crystal clear.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I also have a Plantroics... 520 I think & I use it for work conference calls all the time. No complaints for over a year.
    After going through a couple of inexpensive, lousy sounding headsets I googled for positive reviews of good sounding ones.

What I found that a lot people really liked was the Plantronics 920. Nothing fancy, and not that expensive, but the basic sound was nice and loud and clear (both ways).
    I like the Motorola H710 because it's one of the few I've found that is secure to my ear and sticks nothing in my ear. The battery seems to last a little over a week with my normal usage and when I do need to charge it uses the same cable as the phone. It doesn't do a lot of extra stuff, but it does let me talk on the phone hands free with no issues ever.
  10.    #10  
    I'm really just looking for something that can do a decent job of wind/noise reduction, without costing a small fortune. I talk a lot while outside, so wind could be an issue. My g/f seems to have bionic ears and if I move or touch anything while on the phone she goes nuts and asks what all the noise is from. Bluetooth has been around for quite a while now, so I thought the technology would be a lot better.
    Like many here I have tried several BT's. If price is not really a factor to you, the best I have found, and mentioned in a earlier post, is the Plantronics Voyager Pro. The second best that I use is the Plantronics 975. The Pro has the better audio quality, however for me I use it as my backup only because it is a larger headset that wraps over the ear. An eyeglass wearer that I am, this is uncomfortable. The 975's audio is not quite as good as the Pro, but better than anything else I have tried/used. AND NO I AM NOT a rep. for Plantronics.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmorris View Post
    Like many here I have tried several BT's. If price is not really a factor to you, the best I have found, and mentioned in a earlier post, is the Plantronics Voyager Pro. The second best that I use is the Plantronics 975. The Pro has the better audio quality, however for me I use it as my backup only because it is a larger headset that wraps over the ear. An eyeglass wearer that I am, this is uncomfortable. The 975's audio is not quite as good as the Pro, but better than anything else I have tried/used. AND NO I AM NOT a rep. for Plantronics.
    Is the Voyager Pro as bulky as it looks? I don't want to look like a telemarketer from the 90s if I can help it. However, I don't simply want something that looks cool, but sacrifices performance.
    Jabra Extreme here, 79.00, uses the same charger as the Pre, Small, Right or left ear, And Stereo!, Great battery life. By far the best headset Ive ever had.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

This may sound weird, but I use my Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset (the official one) with my Pre...it's only 49.99, but you can find it online for cheaper and it can be used for two devices (PS3 and Pre)..quite the bargain I think. It works great for me and sound quality is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    This may sound weird, but I use my Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset (the official one) with my Pre...it's only 49.99, but you can find it online for cheaper and it can be used for two devices (PS3 and Pre)..quite the bargain I think. It works great for me and sound quality is pretty good.
    yes you could. but you can also use any BT headset with your PS3 and your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    What I found that a lot people really liked was the Plantronics 920. Nothing fancy, and not that expensive, but the basic sound was nice and loud and clear (both ways).
    Oops ... I think this is actually the Plantronics Voyager 520, not the 920. They look exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    yes you could. but you can also use any BT headset with your PS3 and your phone.
    True, but just in case anyone has one lying around for their PS3...had a buddy who had one and hadn't even thought to check if it would work for his phone.
    Plantronics Voyager Pro, who cares what it looks like, it's the best rated (i think it looks hot)
    Plantronics Voyager Pro works well with the pre.
    Been there..done that! The Jabra BT530 has great noise reduction but the volume was always just a bit too low. Found a custom made ear piece from www.averysound.com and WOW its not cheap but it is the bomb. Fits perfect and is directs the sound to a point of being too loud. Expensive yes but well worth it IMHO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast