Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to make a thread letting everyone know that I have tested the Pre with every single TomTom that has Bluetooth; from the GO 910 to the GO740Live, and they all worked beautifully.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    I wanted to make a thread letting everyone know that I have tested the Pre with every single TomTom that has Bluetooth; from the GO 910 to the GO740Live, and they all worked beautifully.
    Any trick to it? I tried, only breafly, to connect to my TomTom Go 300 and had no success. Just gave it a quick try.
    TTFN
  3.    #3  
    i actually forgot about the GO300. i did not try that one, i started with the generation after that one.

the only trick to it was to initiate the connection on the tomtom the first time. after it's saved on the pre, any connection problems can be fixed by clicking on the tomtom in the bluetooth menu on the pre.
    how did you manage this..Iv been trying with my tomtom go730.

its not happening.. my pre can see the tomtom..but the tomtom does not see my phone..

whats the PIN to pair? I tried 0000
    No luck with my GO 720??
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FozzyBear View Post
    No luck with my GO 720??
    Also no luck with go720, but I did only try briefly and if i remember correctly the tomtom did not find my pre.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have the opposite result on my GO720. Works beautifully most of the time.
  8.    #8  
    When adding a phone on the TomTom it work initially pair, but then something would interrupt it and it would fail. At this point though the phone was "saved" on the TomTom. From there, I would try to set it up on the phone side, and it would pair properly this time. After that, it worked fine. I use the GO740 on a daily basis, and it's software is almost identical to that of the GO720 and GO730.
    Has anyone tried with the TomTomOneXL? Might be an older one, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I have been posting this around a bit, but since different people monitor different threads, it makes sense to do it again.

For starters, the Palm Pre(and Pixi) default to Bluetooth and WiFi being off. If you go into the full launcher, go to the third page(to the right), and you will find your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sections to turn these features on.

The name for your device can be set under "Device Info" for pairing purposes.

When you first turn on Bluetooth, it makes it visible, but after a bit of time, it resets to hidden. Going into the Bluetooth section SHOULD result in your Palm Pre or Pixi making your device visible(read the text at the top of the Bluetooth screen to see this).

So, at this point, you should be able to go to your Tomtom and tell it to find your phone, and all should work properly. If at some later time you have to re-add your Palm phone to your Tomtom, you will need to go into the Bluetooth settings again to make it visible.

Now, for the fun part. With WebOS 1.4.1(maybe 1.4.1.1), there is a bug that affects the Tomtoms ability to SEE the features of your phone. You may get the message, "The device does not have the required features", or something similar on your Tomtom when you add the Palm phone.

The easy fix is to hit the reset button under your Tomtom Go, which will now let it properly detect the features of the Palm phones.

I have some hope that this will be fixed in WebOS for the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi devices, but no one knows. At least it can be worked around

I hope this helps anyone who has been having problems getting the pairing to work.

As an update, you can also turn off Bluetooth on your Tomtom, and then turn it back on again to work around the problem. Tomtom Bluetooth code seems to be....poor, and that is putting it mildly.
    Last edited by Targon; 06/06/2010 at 04:44 PM.
    Still no luck after many months and now WebOS1.4.5.

My TomTom One (really old one) just refuses to connect. No amount of resets seem to help - I just get "The required features could not be found for this phone".

I guess I won't be subscribing for the traffic this holiday season then.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I was able to connect my Pre Plus to my GO510 but I can't get the data to work.
    I've just ordered a new TomTom XXL 540TM. Please explain why I'd want to connect it to my Pre via Bluetooth? Is it like WiFi tethering, to get realtime traffic updates while I'm driving?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by booklaw1 View Post
    I've just ordered a new TomTom XXL 540TM. Please explain why I'd want to connect it to my Pre via Bluetooth? Is it like WiFi tethering, to get realtime traffic updates while I'm driving?

Thanks.
    Because it will act as a car kit for hands free calling while you drive... when you get a call it would shut sound down on your gps etc... its actually quite nice. When the phone supports it you can also see text messages on your gps... as well as caller id and other things.

I havent used the Pre with a TomTom so im not sure which of the extended capabilities the connections supports... but at minimum it makes a competent car kit.
    Ah, thanks! My Pre already connects to my car radio via bluetooth, so hands-free calling is taken care of.
    palm pre has horrible compatibility with bluetooth.
    I use VOICE with GO 720 without any problem but SMS does not work.
    hello

I have some hope that this will be fixed in WebOS for the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi devices,

but no one knows. At least it can be worked ..

----------------------------
    Thanks...
    ---------------------------------------------

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
    For more details n/]VNCServer [/url]
    hello

I have some hope that this will be fixed in WebOS for the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi devices,

but no one knows. At least it can be worked ..

Thanks...

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
    Hello

Because it will act as a car kit for hands free calling while you drive... when you get a call it would shut sound down on your gps etc... its actually quite nice. When the phone sup..

Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast