Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    this question is for anyone who is using a touchstone in there car that is equipped with blue tooth. right now i have my vw's blue tooth set up so incoming calls go through the cars speakers. i am going to be putting a touchstone in the car soon and i am curious to know if i answer calls now, will it go to blue tooth or go to speaker phone because the phones on a touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSuby View Post
    this question is for anyone who is using a touchstone in there car that is equipped with blue tooth. right now i have my vw's blue tooth set up so incoming calls go through the cars speakers. i am going to be putting a touchstone in the car soon and i am curious to know if i answer calls now, will it go to blue tooth or go to speaker phone because the phones on a touchstone.
    In my VW, I have an external blue-tooth speakerphone, not the factory kit. But, when my phone is on the touchstone in my car and paired to the speakerphone, when a call comes in, it goes to the bluetooth speakerphone. My best guess is you'd get the same behavior w/the VW factory kit.
    Last edited by crocostimpy; 04/15/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    It all depends how you answer your phone. Answer on the phone by touching the screen and it will use it'd own speakerphone function, pick it up off the touchstone and it will work like a phone, answer with the button on your bluetooth kit / head unit and it will use your bluetooth system. Clever.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    I've attempted to use my car charger with the touchstone, but it doesn't seem to provide enough power to allow the touchstone to function. Do you all use name brand or off brand car chargers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Securus View Post
    I've attempted to use my car charger with the touchstone, but it doesn't seem to provide enough power to allow the touchstone to function. Do you all use name brand or off brand car chargers?
    Try an actual Palm USB cable. If that doesn't work, then the power outlet isn't powerful enough and you'll need to wire a new one in (or have someone else do it).
    I saw an article on this. The touchstone needs 1000ma and it seems only the genuine palm car charger can provide this. The article also recomended hooking up the car charger directly to the battery.
    The topic was very helpful I think i will give this a go with my touchstone and BT