1.    #1  
    I know BEST is very subjective, but I am interested in getting a cheap case for the Palm Pre that is less than $5. I have tried a cheap rubber case that didn't even fit, and the Innocase (twice) that didn't stay on reliably. So when I say BEST, the most important quality to me is that it simply is sturdy and stays on very, very reliably. I don't want the thing popping off the Pre.

Perhaps there's a case that is largely consider the best cheap case on these forums. If people can vouch for a particular case that's less than $5 I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Sometimes the words "You get what you pay for" holds true
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    OK, this one is $6.99 but is an amazing deal. Go to gocellular.ca, there is a US link. Browse to Palm, then Pre, then cases and you will find two Naztech cases (black and brown). They are great.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Sometimes the words "You get what you pay for" holds true
    I hear yeah. So true. Perhaps I should set the bar to $10 I just know you can get some rather nice cases for the iPhone for less than $10.

Here's another question then. What is considered the best case in terms of staying on the Pre well? Clearly the Innocase is not that case, since I've read many people complain about it falling off and the tabs breaking.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    OK, this one is $6.99 but is an amazing deal. Go to gocellular.ca, there is a US link. Browse to Palm, then Pre, then cases and you will find two Naztech cases (black and brown). They are great.
    I'm not looking for a case that completely encloses the Pre. Just one that protects the edges from drops.
    I bought this....

Amazon.com: Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector for Palm PRE: Cell Phones & Service

... and I liked it.

Only problem is that I didn't get the "Full Body" Phantomskinz to protect the back plastic case (obviously can't use Touchstone with a case!), so I got a few grains of sand that were scratching the plastic all up. Not cool, but I'm sure the case did more good, overall, than bad.

It also only lasted, say, 5 months before one of the little clips on the case broke off, so it wouldn't stay perfectly tight anymore... but it would still protect it if I just sandwich it all together.

Basically... you can buy three of these cases, and you should be good for a year or two. Need some more?? They're only $3. It'll always look like your phone's fresh, and even the case, too.... with NO scratches.

Meh... I'm going commando now, tho. I didn't trust the Pre to be dropped when I first got it, but I've seen that it can take a regular beating, so the case isn't as much of a concern to me anymore.
  7. mt8
    I haven't found a good solution personally like for my Pre, but this looks like a good workaround.
    I picked up some Rocketfish cases at BB when they were on sale for $5, much better than the POS I got off Ebay. The Ebay case I had seperated my phone so far it twisted in the wind. The rocketfish isn't perfect but if you get it on sale much better than the knockoffs.