Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just found this on Youtube. What's interesting is even this case manufacturer acknowledges the slider problem on Pres and mentions it as a feature of their case (to avoid oreos). Sad that even a case manufacturer acknowledges this problem while Palm actively refuses existence of it. Another interesting this is they have two back covers and one has a circle hole in the middle for touchstone. A rather different approach from Seidio's Surface covers.

What does everyone think ?

Oh, just realized this post partly belongs in Accessories section. So if mods deem necessary, please move it.
    Last edited by cgokcea; 04/29/2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Updated video URL
    actually looks pretty good
    I like it. I might order one now.
    Not a bad looking case. I would want to see it in person though. Its got that anodized look that some of the Iphone cases have.
    I really like the build in rails to prevent Oreo. Even though i think that it was a good idea with the round cutout to make it touchstone compatible, It doesn't look right with a big hole in the back.
    While this looks like one of the better cases available for the Pre, I have no desire to protect the back piece on my pre. The touchtone backs are too easy to come by, if I somehow damage the back battery cover, I'll just replace it.
    Verizon stores sell that same case with the back cut out i have been using it the last month. It makes the phone Bulkier it charges great using the touchstone and yes it does do away with the oreo effect by the way the front connects to the back. I happen to like it a lot.

Fred
    where do you get this case? I like that it snaps to itself and not the phone,like the seidio,,no more broken tabs.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    where do you get this case? I like that it snaps to itself and not the phone,like the seidio,,no more broken tabs.
    You can get it here: AGF - iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Palm, Samsung - Phone Accessories
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    Verizon stores sell that same case with the back cut out i have been using it the last month. It makes the phone Bulkier it charges great using the touchstone and yes it does do away with the oreo effect by the way the front connects to the back. I happen to like it a lot.

Fred
    On their website they say "for Pre Plus". Having seen this first hand, you think it can be used for Sprint Pre's too ? Is the area where home button is blank ? After all Sprint Pres suffer much more from oreo than Pre Pluses do.
    mine is on a sprint pre and works real good and i purchased it at a verizon store the front of my case is metalic. Sprint stores have the same case but they have it with out the back cut out. Like it much better then the seidio case easier to put on and off.

Fred
    I just wish someone would come out with a all black one. Front and back that is. The front other than blue is chrome black

I notice that it comes with both backs which is pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i was really liking the case until i saw a price tag.

whats with these outrageous prices? its 2 small peices of plastic and rubber. no case should be more than $20.
    am I the only person to think 35 is way to much? Ill just take the oreo for that price, i like the design though.

Edit: ^ ha we both had the same idea at the same time.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  15.    #15  
    Yea 35 bucks is ridiculous for 2 pieces of plastic. But then if you ask them they would tell you that it's because of their "super slick glide tech resin" and incredible super duper design. I've seen much more expensive cases for ipods that had much less material and I've seen solid cases for under 10 bucks. Companies pick their own price lines and niche. Apparently AG wants to appeal to richer people. Like how Vaja appeals to super-rich with their custom leather cases.
    The fit on the Touchstone back cover is horrible. There is a fairly large gap between the Touchstone back cover and the case.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I don't think 35 is too much, and here is why. After going through 7... yes 7 Seido cases, they stopped replacing mine for free after the 3rd one. So that was 20 bux a pop for the only touchstone compatible case I could find that I liked.

If this case works, gets rid of the Oreo, and works with the touchstone, you may feel its expensive, but what is really expensive is putting up with little Seido plastic tabs that break at random times always on a Friday night or the second it snags on something in your pocket.

As a 1 time investment.... worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by IceEmQuick View Post
    I don't think 35 is too much, and here is why. After going through 7... yes 7 Seido cases, they stopped replacing mine for free after the 3rd one. So that was 20 bux a pop for the only touchstone compatible case I could find that I liked.

If this case works, gets rid of the Oreo, and works with the touchstone, you may feel its expensive, but what is really expensive is putting up with little Seido plastic tabs that break at random times always on a Friday night or the second it snags on something in your pocket.

As a 1 time investment.... worth it...
    Seido could sell a turd in a bag as far as I'm concerned. It still doesn't justify the price of this case.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Seido could sell a turd in a bag as far as I'm concerned.
    They already do.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The fit on the Touchstone back cover is horrible. There is a fairly large gap between the Touchstone back cover and the case.
    Yeah, judging from the pictures, they just butchered the rear cover to use with the Touchstone. Looks like no effort was made to "finish" or smooth out the edges of the cut out circle.

I think it's pointless to install a "case" where half of it is cut out. If the regular case is easy to install/remove, I would just remove the rear cover each night to use the touchstone instead of using that hacked up rear case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast