Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am currently usin the 1350 extended battery by Seido and I followed the initial 8 hour charge, and am on my 5th full charge but what I have noticed is that it has great life until it gets somewhere between 20 & 15 (17) it drops all the way to 0...so rrly it only gives you the same amount of life as the stock battery because that extra 17 percent is exactly what is drops...it may get better with each charge and accustomed to my individual pre..
  2. #2  
    It's probably just a stock battery with a 1350 mAh label stuck on it.

    Back when the Battery Monitor app had the capacity feature, people were reporting that the Seidio 1350 battery showed around 1150 mAh, the same that a stock Pre battery read.

    The Mugen 1400 read around 1350 or so if I remember correctly, so at least theirs showed additional capacity, even though it wasn't what it claimed to have.

    Any larger battery didn't seem to report capacity correctly, or anywhere in the ballpark (possibly by design) so the developer of the Battery Monitor app removed that feature to prevent confusion.
  3.    #3  
    well what I have learned is you have to charge it like an extra 15 minutes after it says 100%/fullcharge.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It's probably just a stock battery with a 1350 mAh label stuck on it.

    Back when the Battery Monitor app had the capacity feature, people were reporting that the Seidio 1350 battery showed around 1150 mAh, the same that a stock Pre battery read.

    The Mugen 1400 read around 1350 or so if I remember correctly, so at least theirs showed additional capacity, even though it wasn't what it claimed to have.

    Any larger battery didn't seem to report capacity correctly, or anywhere in the ballpark (possibly by design) so the developer of the Battery Monitor app removed that feature to prevent confusion.
    ] I personally don't thin that's true. I used the Seido battery for months. I thought it lasted better then the original. Now, I have the 2600 battery, and am blown away.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    ] I personally don't thin that's true. I used the Seido battery for months. I thought it lasted better then the original. Now, I have the 2600 battery, and am blown away.
    I have the 1350 and it's pretty much lasting the full day 7am till 1am with normal usage - the original alway needed a top up charge during the day - the battery monitor is still showing the 14% then 0% - but it's only on it's 3rd full charge - so probably an error with battery monitor.

    Also the 1350 works fiine with ts back and takes longer to charge than the original- so using that as the main battery and the original as the spare sees you through a 24 hour + cycle if you can't get to a charger.

    the only issue i have is that getting one in the UK, is a big effort - i had to order mine from the us, and ended up paying nearly as much for the shipping, handling and tax, as i did for the battery itself!
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    the only issue i have is that getting one in the UK, is a big effort - i had to order mine from the us, and ended up paying nearly as much for the shipping, handling and tax, as i did for the battery itself!
    You should have went with the Mugen 1400, cheaper, more capacity and free shipping worldwide.
  7. Ledsled's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #7  
    I have the same battery and the same issue. Been using it over a week now and each charge its the same thing. Gets down to 20-18%, then bam, dead. The battery charges about 8 hours a night with maybe a short charge during the day if it I need it. I ordered the battery from the Precentral Store here but I don't know if I should send it back or not.
  8. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #8  
    I got my Seidio 2600 from Amazon for $49 with case. I went all day using it as I have for the 3 weeks I've had my Pre+ and the battery was still at 90%. For 3 weeks, I would have to plug my phone in every time I was in the car, because the battery would drain very quickly with my normal use. Never made it much more than half a day without plugging in before. Phones a little thicker, but very worth the better battery life.

    I also got a solar rechargable 2600 battery off eBay this week. That was only $12. So my Pre has a lot of life now. Just need a new case to put on it since my cases were all for the original battery size. $25 at Seidio seems a little steep, since I got 6 cases, a car charger and screen protectors for the original phone for $10 off eBay.
    Anyone need a case or 5
  9. #9  
    charge it well past the time it hits 100% Also, try running the "battery monitor" app so you can get a more accurate reading on charge level.

    I use the 1350 and I'm quite pleased. I also read some where that a characteristic of Lithium polymer is that the last 15-20% drains really fast. I also read that you shouldn't ever let it get below about 10% because it's bad for the battery.

Posting Permissions