1.    #1  
    I have just ordered the touchstone and the touchstone case for my Pre.

Right now I have a full body screen protector or skin.

My phone is on a 3 year plan with Bell. Its gotta last a while.

Can I put a skin overtop of the touchstone back? Or will this render the inductive charging to not work.

Please let me know, I searched in the forums but couldn't find this.

Thanks

Rob.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    you can put it on the touchstone back and it will work with no problems. i didnt do it since i like the feel of the back better without the skin.

but the nice part is if anything happens to the back you can just order a new one :-)
    They also have just the front body of it with out the back, just in-case if you change your mind in keeping the back naked. I have the full body also, but the back feels great and i don't want to cover that up
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I have the Egrips skin on the back of my Pre. It works with the Touchstone but I have to agree with the following statement in the Reviews section of PreCentral:

As a final note - the Egrips is thin enough that it can work with the Touchstone. However, it's not very convenient - the Egrips are so 'grippy' that you can't really slide the Pre around on the Touchstone to align the magnets, you have to get it 'just right' when you set it down.
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RobtRoma View Post
    I have the Egrips skin on the back of my Pre. It works with the Touchstone but I have to agree with the following statement in the Reviews section of PreCentral:

As a final note - the Egrips is thin enough that it can work with the Touchstone. However, it's not very convenient - the Egrips are so 'grippy' that you can't really slide the Pre around on the Touchstone to align the magnets, you have to get it 'just right' when you set it down.
    another great reason to leave the back touchstone naked, I can see this being a pain for what I'm currently using at the moment, invisible-SHIELD.
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I actually like the Egrip. While it makes it slightly more difficult to use the Touchstone, it's not that hard to align the magnets once you get used to it. I like the grippy feel and that the phone won't slide off a table if I accidentally knock it. I also like that it's easier to slide my phone open and I have a little extra protection on the back. In my opinion, a little friction is a good thing
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
  7.    #7  
    welp. I have fallen in love with the Touchstone back too.

Considering a new Touchstone back is $20, and a skin is $15, I will just buy a new Touchstone if I feel that its gotten too scratched.

My parents and sister have Palm Pre's, so I will just give them a Touchstone back hand-me-down too...they wont care if its scratched.
    I bought a touchstone as a birthday gift for myself (actually, It's from my wife...she said "don't try to explain what it is, just order it). It just came in the mail about an hour ago. So nice and handy, no more fiddling with that little door to the usb port...at least I'll have to fiddle with it less.
    it works with my ZAGG skin. Although I prefer the matt finish of the touchstone cover to the slick finish that the ZAGG produces. I actually didn't put the ZAGG back on when I had to replace my Pre+.

But it worked fine with the Touchstone...