1.    #1  
    Just a quick review:

About 3 weeks ago a bought an emergency LiIon power backup from Dealextreme (Honkong site - free worldwide delivery):

EDIT:
    *removed link*

ok, i only have 7 posts so i'm not allowed to post links.

Just have a look at "www dealextreme com" (add dots) and enter "3060" in the search field. Then you'll see a link to the "Rechargeable USB Emergency Power Backup Pack 2400mAh ".
    /EDIT

Shipment to Germany took about 3 weeks, but that's normal with Dealextreme. In fact it's rather fast - i had shipments that took 6 weeks...

If you can live with that, the price is unbeatable! In Germany similar backup power devices cost about 40 Euros...

Build quality is decent. It feels quite sturdy. I didn't test the claimed 2400 mAh yet. But i can confirm that it fully recharges an empty Pre. After charging the Pre i recharged the backup battery, too. So i can't say how much mAh were left in the backup.

You can charge the backup power device either with the supplied cable from a USB power source or directly via USB (the Pre charger comes to mind).

A very handy device for only 14$. You can also charge any other USB powered devices of course...

They have LOTS and LOTS of iPhone gadgets and accessories, but not one for the Pre...

-Walter
    Last edited by WalterH; 04/07/2010 at 05:35 PM.
    I've used Deal Extreme before. Low price stuff, but it works as promised. If you do make a purchase be sure to add one of these pens to your order while you're at it:

DealExtreme: $1.33 Invisible Ink Pen

My 6 year old son loved it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    you have to be careful with dealextreme, a lot of their stuff is shady, for instance i've ordered some items that did not come in any packaging at all, just a plastic ziplock bag lol..

pretty much that site is great to by cheap little items, (which they have A LOT of) but i really wouldn't buy any of their more expensive items, however.
  4.    #4  
    You're right, of course. Lots of their stuff really IS shady. That's why i posted. The battery (SKU 3060) really is ok!

But they have a few things that are great for their price. I've bought a couple of them, mostly flashlights, keychain lights, LiIon batteries, speakers (SKU 00646 - neat), etc.

But normally you just get what you pay for, as always...

-Walter
    Hi Walter,

After some weeks testing the device, are you still happy with your "Rechargeable USB Emergency Power Backup Pack 2400mAh " ?
  6.    #6  
    Still happy, yes.

To be honest, i still did't check the capacity.

Whenever i used the backup i charge it again at the first oportunity along with my pre (hey, when i'm in reach of USB why not charge both?)
  7.    #7  
    Oh, before i forget - i recently bought these neat mini- to micro-USB adapters from DX, too:

DealExtreme: $2.24 Micro USB Male to Mini USB Female Adapter Converter (9CM-Length)

Very convenient. Love it. I bet that wherever you are there are tons on mini-USB cables available, but not one micro-USB

I tried the other adapter (DealExtreme: $2.39 Mini USB to Micro USB Adapter/Converter Keychain) too, but it doesn't fit into the pre! But maybe that's just manufacturing tolerance.