1.    #1  
    OK. This might seem like a dumb question, but I have learned at my age that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

My wife and I both have Pres. I want to get a handsfree car speakerphone (i.e. Motorola T505, or similar) and I have a question(s) about this.

1. Can both Pres be 'paired' to the T505.
    2. If both paired Pres are in the car at the same time, will the T505 recognize both and answer one or the other if calls come in. ( I realize it can not answer both at the same time.)
    3. Would we both have to have the same 'contacts' list for the caller "id" thingy.
    4. Since the pre doesn't have voice dialing, etc. how do you call someone without dialing the number on the Pre.

Sorry if these questions are basic to many of you, but I am still getting used to a cell phone that does something else besides make phone calls.

Thank you for your patience and help.
    I don't think it has the ability to speed dial over bt, I really wish it did
    1. & 2. - I don't know the T505 specifically, but I think it's unlikely that 2 phones can be connected at the same time. Never seen a BT speakerphone that can do that.

3. Don't know what you mean by the "caller "id" thingy".

4. I (and many others) use a speed dialer app. Puts all your most used numbers on "buttons" on a single screen. I've used both Quick Contacts and PhotoDialer, both good apps, but several others to chose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by preforme View Post
    1. Can both Pres be 'paired' to the T505.
    2. If both paired Pres are in the car at the same time, will the T505 recognize both and answer one or the other if calls come in. ( I realize it can not answer both at the same time.)
    3. Would we both have to have the same 'contacts' list for the caller "id" thingy.
    4. Since the pre doesn't have voice dialing, etc. how do you call someone without dialing the number on the Pre.
    1. Not with the T505, I'm pretty sure that I've heard of other kits that support this, but don't recall what they were.
    2. A unit that does (i.e. not the T505) will answer whichever unit receives a call first. The next unit to receive a call is generally out of luck (speakerphone wise) unless the first unit has already hung up.
    3. Contact lists are usually tracked separately on devices supporting multiple pairings.
    4. With the T505 you can push and hold the phone button to re-dial the last number, other than that you have to initiate the calls from your Pre.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer