1.    #1  
    Hello,

can someone verify if the Motorola portable charger P970 http://store.precentral.net/motorola...8A171A5743.htm works with the Touchstone? It would have to be fast charge compatible to be working (USB signal pins 3 and 4 connected).

I have a Just Mobile portable charger right now and it's not working with the Touchstone, even though it outputs 1000mA.

Greetings, Jost
    I have a TS and the portable charger and can test this for you...

but just to be sure I understand, you want to plug the P970 into the TS and then try to charge the phone via the TS? If so, why would u want to do this? Why not just plug in the P970 right into the phone?
  3.    #3  
    Cause this little door is so stupid to open (I know it's easier when the slider is open) and so fragile that I'm afraid I might break it if I touch it too often...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jost View Post
    Cause this little door is so stupid to open (I know it's easier when the slider is open) and so fragile that I'm afraid I might break it if I touch it too often...
    I just tried to power the TS with the portable battery. no luck! sorry, it just doesn't have enough juice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just tried to power the TS with the portable battery. no luck! sorry, it just doesn't have enough juice!
    You can get the old-style (sprint) charger for your Pre for $10 on Amazon.com, and that will work just fine. It also works with the Palm-branded car lighter adapter ($20).

Touchstone makes a great car kit connected to that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    It's not just the matter of juice. The power source has to be compatible to fast charge standard. The data pins 3 and 4 of the USB-connection have to be connected. Otherwise the touchstone will not charge even if there is enough power available.
    Is it possible to join those pins manually?