1.    #1  
    the...

Bluetooth FM Transmitter by Satechi

Bluetooth FM Transmitter by Satechi | GeekAlerts

This thing works GREAT for those of us without built in bluetooth. No wiring... literally 4 second install time.

Couple this with the RadioTime app and it's poor-mans satellite radio!

Now if only I could get bluetooth to turn on and off when placed on a removed from the touchstone in my car... DONE
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Nice idea unless you live in a crowed FM band environment like Southern Cal.
    I don't have this one, but I have the iphone cradle thing that I use with both my pre and (nolonger activated iphone) and I live in crowded band So Cali and don't have issues, actually I love it. But the one I am using is the only one I found that works with my F150, don't know if its the distance or the steel.
    I tried it and could not get a clear channel, find a channel and then drive for awhile then lose the channel.
    I really like my Jabra cruiser, considering i live in Chicago, all the FM stations for the most part are over populated, but i still seam to get great transmission on it
    I've been thinking about either the jabra or the blackberry vm605. They are both about the same price. Cant decide. Or I may just add bluetooth to my car. But I was thinking if im ever switching cars or in someone else I could bring this along. hmmm.
    well i tried the Motorola one first, but was turned off by it turning off the FM transmitter every 10 Min's, the jabra does not do this and will let you listen for as long as you want. pretty embarrassing when you are jamming and when your ten Min's are up you get a loud static
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoz View Post
    Now if only I could get bluetooth to turn on and off when placed on a removed from the touchstone in my car... DONE
    You could do this with Mode Switcher. Check out its thread in the Homebrew area.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoz View Post
    the...

Bluetooth FM Transmitter by Satechi

Bluetooth FM Transmitter by Satechi | GeekAlerts

This thing works GREAT for those of us without built in bluetooth. No wiring... literally 4 second install time.

Couple this with the RadioTime app and it's poor-mans satellite radio!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html

i have a car mode set up all ready that will turn on music player remix and trapster and shut off wifi and blue tooth -- i just ordered a satechi sound fly and when it gets here i will have to turn on the BT i guess

thanks -- great find
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Happy Jabra Cruiser user! Speaker is loud enough that, when I can't find a clear station, I can do without going through the radio.