Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Tired of reading posts of owners dropping their phones and by similar posts of why they don't include a tether port I decided to make my own. I took of the back piece of plastic and looked for an ideal spot for placement. I found that near the bottom of both sides were a screw. This looks to be the only place. so I soldered two tiny holes just enough for the string to go in. Then I cut off the excess plastic that was hanging around the rim so the cover would fit back. Put the string through and walla.
    Last edited by double1; 04/03/2010 at 01:12 AM.
    Sprint doesn't allow tethering.

But seriously, looks good!
    Yeah great job!
    I've always thought of putting a hole through the back cover too, but mostly for those tacky phone charms. Hello Kitty FTW!
    nice great idea!
    But, this is just through the back faceplate right? Couldn't just a little bounce cause the faceplate to come off? Then you would have your phone rattling to the ground and still have a good hold of the faceplate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    But, this is just through the back faceplate right? Couldn't just a little bounce cause the faceplate to come off? Then you would have your phone rattling to the ground and still have a good hold of the faceplate.
    I agree with him +1.. If the way you removed the back faceplate wasn't so easy this would be an awesome idea for a new custom back plate.