Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried Phantom skinz new product? I have been using the clear type, but am tempted to try the matte finish type, although I stil have 2 or 3 clear skinz...
    Wow I didn't know they had a matte type. I just checked the site and the prices have increased a lot from when they first started.

I'm also curious about how the matte performs. I prefer matte over gloss.
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    Wow I didn't know they had a matte type. I just checked the site and the prices have increased a lot from when they first started.

I'm also curious about how the matte performs. I prefer matte over gloss.
    Hi threefifty!

I wanted to respond and let you know that our prices have not changed since we launched several years ago. MSRP that is. We have always had different promotions and discount codes available. I would suggest that you check us out on Twitter for the most recent discounts.

The matte finish product has been recently launched. We ran a beta test a little over a year ago with great results. It just took us a while to have a steady supply of inventory with consistent quality. We have both now and the product looks great. Let me know if you have any specific questions. It really hides pre-existing scratches as well as protects against new ones.

Guru
    Well, I had to order another Pre a few days ago, so I happened to get an email about the matte finish skin and decided to take a chance on it.

I just applied mine and I like the look of it. The texture isn't as nice as the gloss, but it still feels pretty good in the hand (also more secure). I also prefer this matte finish over the original gloss because it's not as welcoming to dust and fingerprints. I've always figured, what's the point of having the really pretty finish if you're constantly having to clean the dust, fingerprints and other residue off of it?

Only thing is, the application was a bit rough because you have to place a gloss protector over the screen, and placing it was pretty difficult since you don't really have any guides to go by...you just have to place it right on the screen area. Had to make a couple of attempts and it still wasn't placed right. It was good enough so I left it. I would look into possible ways to attach the screen skin with the matte finish so both can be applied at once. But overall, it's cool. I'll give it a couple of days and see how I like it after the air bubbles and stuff go away
    Last edited by nsuking2005; 04/03/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru View Post
    Hi threefifty!

I wanted to respond and let you know that our prices have not changed since we launched several years ago. MSRP that is. We have always had different promotions and discount codes available. I would suggest that you check us out on Twitter for the most recent discounts.

The matte finish product has been recently launched. We ran a beta test a little over a year ago with great results. It just took us a while to have a steady supply of inventory with consistent quality. We have both now and the product looks great. Let me know if you have any specific questions. It really hides pre-existing scratches as well as protects against new ones.

Guru
    Can i just get the front skin for the matte instead of the full body? This would help us touchstone users who don't need anything on the back
    I am looking for a skin period. I bought a really cheap one from ebay and it sucks. The front won't stay on.

What do you guys recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomata182 View Post
    I am looking for a skin period. I bought a really cheap one from ebay and it sucks. The front won't stay on.

What do you guys recommend?
    phantom skinz is better then is because its not as rubbery

invisible shield really messed up on the pre its not as good as there other products and they also messed up on the trace, it covers the charging port a little bit

phantom skinz feels better and it also has a much better trace
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I love my phantom skinz on my pre. i have the clear. i'd love to hear what the matte looks like though. does the clarity of the screen get effected? clear is really clear.
    I love my phantom skinz also. It was a lot of work to install, but after a few days when it cures and the bubbles go away it looks great!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I too LOVE my PhantonSkinz glossy--great protection. It is true about fingerprints, etc, but they wipe off easily. My problem is a glare when on the Touchstone at work. The matte might prevent that glare. Would love to see a screen shot with the matte protector on the Pre.
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    Can i just get the front skin for the matte instead of the full body? This would help us touchstone users who don't need anything on the back
    christcentric,

Sure! When you place your order for a Palm Pre Screen, just put a note in the comments to us.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nsuking2005 View Post
    Well, I had to order another Pre a few days ago, so I happened to get an email about the matte finish skin and decided to take a chance on it.

I just applied mine and I like the look of it. The texture isn't as nice as the gloss, but it still feels pretty good in the hand (also more secure). I also prefer this matte finish over the original gloss because it's not as welcoming to dust and fingerprints. I've always figured, what's the point of having the really pretty finish if you're constantly having to clean the dust, fingerprints and other residue off of it?

Only thing is, the application was a bit rough because you have to place a gloss protector over the screen, and placing it was pretty difficult since you don't really have any guides to go by...you just have to place it right on the screen area. Had to make a couple of attempts and it still wasn't placed right. It was good enough so I left it. I would look into possible ways to attach the screen skin with the matte finish so both can be applied at once. But overall, it's cool. I'll give it a couple of days and see how I like it after the air bubbles and stuff go away
    nsuking,

We recommend that you apply the matter outer section first, and then it is easier to put the clear section on, if you go with that combination.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSkinz Guru View Post
    Hi threefifty!

Guru
    Do you have a close up of how the matte finish looks like? I have a phantom skin on my pre already and I love it, I am looking to get one for my ipad but now Idk which type to choose from. If I can see it on the pre or any other phone close up it would be easier for me to decide
    I am getting a matte screen protector for my iPad and will follow up with a review and pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    I am getting a matte screen protector for my iPad and will follow up with a review and pics..
    Awesome def let me know.
    Wish they had a picture of what the matte finish looked like. I've got clear, but won't buy a matte finish blind.
    i love the feel of mine but the screen not so much. i will post pictures in about 24 hours when its fully dry.
    these pictures are only 2 hours after install. I love the feel of it but the screen i am not so thrilled about. I will wait until all the moisture dries
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    these pictures are only 2 hours after install. I love the feel of it but the screen i am not so thrilled about. I will wait until all the moisture dries
    I was thinking about purchasing the Matte version. Can you elaborate more on not being so thrilled about the screen? Is the screen more dull/less clear or something?

Thx
    2G iPhone -> BB 8530 -> Pre Plus
    i will post in as soon as the screen moisture is all gone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast