1.    #1  
    Hey guys..long time lurker, first post. I got my pre on Valentines day. Is there any way to hook up my pre to my printer to my printer to print photos..
    I know that with my Palm Centro I could print a picture directly to my printer wirelesly with Bluetooth.
    I also noticed that when scanning for a nearby device all it says is that it is scanning for nearby "audio" devices. Does the pres bluetooth only work with audio devices?
    Thank, Tyler Marton
    ps Sorry, I didnt search at all, so this may have been addressed already, but I just needed to make my first post! haha
    Last edited by TylerMarton; 03/28/2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add a sentence! silly webmasters!
    Palm or a dev has to first release Printer BT drivers for webos. Everyone is hoping Dataviz finally will support this, but who knows....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The Pre will only recognize Audio devices. At this time you are not able to pair the Pre with a computer. However, in the future, there may be an update to add this feature to the phone.
    Well, not quite - the Pre will act as a Bluetooth modem for any computer - and in that role creates an IP personal area network. What's missing is the printer subsystem which would allow it to use a remote printer - now, if someone ported CUPS to WebOS...
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    now, if someone ported CUPS to WebOS...
    That will take 30 seconds. Show me the "print" button in any WebOS application to make use of it once it's ported, and I'll send you the .ipk file today.

For standard image formats, someone could write an external app that will simply print image files stored on the phone. The challenge then is to get drivers for every single inkjet and laser printer that someone might want to print to ported to WebOS, since every printer model produced seems to need a different driver these days.

I'd write the app, but I discovered that it's cheaper to upload the pictures to one of the photo gallery sites and have that site print them out to my local Target or Wal-Mart store, than it is to keep feeding supplies into my own color photo printer.....
    To bad we can't just connect a memory stick you the phone and transfer that way. Many of the printers today will look for and read to print the images on the Mem cards and sticks.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Haven't tried this myself, but if the printer has a usb port to hook up digital cameras and read from the mem card, could it be possible to hook up the Pre and set it usb drive and have the printer view pics from there? I suppose I should try this on my epson as it has a viewscreen on it. I'm sure someone here has already posted this method, but at least I can test it for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeigan View Post
    Haven't tried this myself, but if the printer has a usb port to hook up digital cameras and read from the mem card, could it be possible to hook up the Pre and set it usb drive and have the printer view pics from there? I suppose I should try this on my epson as it has a viewscreen on it. I'm sure someone here has already posted this method, but at least I can test it for myself.
    Just connected my PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $my$ $HP$ $Photosmart$ $C7250$ $printer$ $in$ $USB$ $Drive$ $mode$ $and$ $Voil$! $All$ $364$ $photos$ $loaded$ $up$, $ready$ $to$ $view$/$print$!
    that really sucks, I have had this phone since June 2009 and finally bought a portable Bluetooth Printer and guess what, the Pre does not see it, what a bummer..I cannot wait till the new Spring EVO comes out now..anyone want to buy a pre in Mint Shape with Touchstone? make an offer...