Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I want to want for the Otterbox Tandem case for the pre but it won't be out for a while, as for now my pre is naked which is a good thing.

However, I already have a small scratch on my phone so I need protection.

Should I get a temporary case then get the otterbox?

Maybe a invisible shield then Otterbox?

I need some suggestions.
    I need a case as well, i bought a few off of amazon and they are pure garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Should I get a temporary case then get the otterbox?
    This is what I got as my "temporary" case until I found something better. That was months ago and I'm still using it.

Smartphone Experts Ultra Slim Pocket Pouch
    I use invisible shield and Seidio Innocase. Works great for me!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    If you are looking for maximum protection wait for the OtterBox tandem case. But for functionality i would go with the Seidio innocase it is TouchStone compatible and fits well. through in Seidio's 1350 battery and you are in business. One thing to remember with these cases is they don't hold up well when swapping batteries. and I would imagine the tandem case will not come off easy no word on if it will be touchstone compatible.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I wouldn't get a Seidio Innocase. They are expensive and cheaply made. I've gotten so many replaced due to tabs breaking off. I would suggest getting a nice screen protector, I use Skinomi, and a nice side pouch to hold you off until the Otterbox case comes out.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
    I need a case as well, i bought a few off of amazon and they are pure garbage.

I personal think that the Silicone Skin Case is better than the hard plastic case. Sometimes, the plastic case will scratched the phone. I have purchased a Palm case online, i am satisfied with the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonnie View Post
    I personal think that the Silicone Skin Case is better than the hard plastic case.
    I've had silicone cases for my Treo 800w. There are 2 issues with silicone:

1) They are a dust magnet (yes, even the ones that claim to be made from new "anti-dust" silicone.) I had to clean mine daily with those masking tape rollers used to pick up pet hair.

2) The "gripiness" of the silicone made it nearly impossible to slide in and out of a side cell phone pocket in a pair of jeans.
    for a temporary case why not use the black/orange pouch that came with the pre?
    Here is what I have and love it. Got a good deal on cases.com.

Vaja - Leather Products
    I found one at WalMart made by CaseLogic that fits the Pre perfectly
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have used the cases and personally think I like my pre without one. I have the invisi-shield on it and it works great. The case will not work with the touchstone and they make the phone feel bulky to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I found one at WalMart made by CaseLogic that fits the Pre perfectly
    My lady found a side pouch there as well with a magnetic clasp. Looks really nice... she likes it I normally like side pouches like that but with all the stuff I've been hearing about this phone's durability (or lack of it) I wanted a case that's always on the phone in case I drop it.

I'm using the Rocketfish hard case & holster combo from Best Buy for now. So far so good, and for $15 it ain't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    I want to want for the Otterbox Tandem case for the pre but it won't be out for a while...
    I asked Otterbox on Facebook when the case would be available and they said "in the next couple of weeks since they're still perfecting it". I'm hoping that's the case. It's the first real timeline I've gotten from them, since calling them yields a "we don't know when it'll be available until we get it in stock" response
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I have been using an invisibleshield and a TS back cover now for almost 10 months now, great combination, phone still looks brand new. When I travel I use a Swiss Mobile side case that clips on my belt/jeans. I like this case because it allows me to be able to plug my noice cancelling earbuds into my Pre when I am on a flight.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Damn, that otterbox looks nice, and I just ordered a Vaja case 2 weeks ago. damn, damn, damn.

HOWEVER, will the otterbox allow touchstone? Doesn't look like it. If it does, it would unquestionably be the best case out.
    I'm having trouble finding a good case... Especially over here in London where i can't seem to find a shop that sells any.
    So I was wondering if anyone in the London area has managed to find any?
    If not is amazon the best place to get one?
    Thanks
    I personally dig my seidio case. I am not a big leather or holster case type of guy, so usually go with the hard/flexible cases. This case fits well, adds no noticeable bulk to the phone, and lets me charge the phone on the touchstone without removing the case, so I am glad I got it.