Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just bought the MSI BGP100 bluetooth game pad for my phone and i put the cd in and there is no driver for the palm pre. I know some of you have bought this too what was your fix. I have seen some real obvious videos on youtube so i know that it works. Please help!!!
    There's no way. If you saw a video of it on the Pre, it must have been a fake, sorry.
  3.    #3  
    then what gamepad would u reccommend for the palm pre
    there aren't any no bluetooth support other than for audio
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    there aren't any no bluetooth support other than for audio
    What he said. Unfortunately bluetooth is extremely limited
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hello all!

I was wondering if there was a way to get the MSI BGP100 gamepad to run on the Pre; I've heard so many mixed reports on it working and of it not working, that I thought I'd just ask myself! xD

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    <Threads Merged>

Hi tedthebassist,

Read the above answers... it isn't possible, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <Threads Merged>

Hi tedthebassist,

Read the above answers... it isn't possible, sorry.
    Well, that stinks!
    Anyway, thanks for the merge! It sure answered my question!
    I hope Palm makes an update that somehow makes it supported, however. Maybe even a patch. But, as of right now, I'm happy I didn't drop the money to pick one up xD

Cheers!
    ~Ted
    I'm really hoping that future Palm devices with 2.xx allow access to devs to the USB port. I'd love to see gaming and docking abilities for webOS devices too.
    I would love to see palm make it work
    Quote Originally Posted by landslide03 View Post
    I would love to see palm make it work
    Wouldn't we all :c
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    You guys think this hunk-a-junk is going to work with the WebOS 2.0 update?
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Possible. I'm pretty sure webOS 2.0 comes with bluetooth keyboard support. Maybe you can configure the gamepad to work. I'm not too familiar with bluetooth accessories...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm really hoping that future Palm devices with 2.xx allow access to devs to the USB port. I'd love to see gaming and docking abilities for webOS devices too.
    If you're hoping you'll be able to hook a USB gamepad, (or other USB device,) up to your Pre, I suggest you prepare for disappointment. The Pre can't act as a USB host, so any USB device that you would plug into a computer will never work with your Pre. This is a hardware limitation that will never change, regardless of what version of webos you are running.

Back on topic, the bluetooth gamepad should theoretically be possible, it would just require software support. Most games written specifically for webos wouldn't use it, as they are designed to take advantage of the pre hardware and use the accelerometer or touchscreen for controls. I can see it being really handy for some games, like emulators or the ports of Quake, Duke3D.

And I don't think pre bluetooth is audio-only, as stated above. Bluetooth keyboards have been found to work. I wonder if there's a BT gamepad out there that works by emulating a keyboard?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    If you're hoping you'll be able to hook a USB gamepad, (or other USB device,) up to your Pre, I suggest you prepare for disappointment. The Pre can't act as a USB host, so any USB device that you would plug into a computer will never work with your Pre. This is a hardware limitation that will never change, regardless of what version of webos you are running.
    LOL... yes, that's why I said "future Palm devices" instead of 'Pre'. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post

Back on topic, the bluetooth gamepad should theoretically be possible, it would just require software support. Most games written specifically for webos wouldn't use it, as they are designed to take advantage of the pre hardware and use the accelerometer or touchscreen for controls. I can see it being really handy for some games, like emulators or the ports of Quake, Duke3D.

And I don't think pre bluetooth is audio-only, as stated above. Bluetooth keyboards have been found to work. I wonder if there's a BT gamepad out there that works by emulating a keyboard?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    on your pre - access the launcher open the bluetooth preferences card and click on add device -- it will say looking for audio devices -- head set and headphones are the only bluetooth devices it will look for -- anyone else that says anything else --well i would like to see a link with some proof -- i thought about using a keyboard or a remote GPS antenna but to my knowledge neither are supported.

thanks
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I would like to revive this thread to ask again, "How do i get the BGP100 Gamepad to work?" I have a Pre 2 running 2.1 and when I try to pair the controller it recognizes that it is a gamepad, but I can't do anything with it. I realize this is a driver issue or something, but what needs to be done at this point to get bluetooth controllers to work with 2.1 devices?
    Could the problem be a missing bluetooth profile? I know that webOS 2 added a few profiles like the one needed for bluetooth keyboards (and you'd think that a gamepad would use the same profile, wouldn't you), but maybe there's something else that just isn't there.

Wasn't HP calling for devs to email them APIs and stuff they want in webOS 3? Maybe someone should write in to say that Gamepad support should be in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    I have a Pre 2 running 2.1 and when I try to pair the controller it recognizes that it is a gamepad, but I can't do anything with it. I realize this is a driver issue or something, but what needs to be done at this point to get bluetooth controllers to work with 2.1 devices?
    The device is probably sending keycodes that Pre apps by default don't recognize. For instance, if it's sending arrow keys, since there's no arrow keys on the keyboard, apps haven't been coded to recognize them and the device is simply sending keystrokes that everything ignores. You need a means to map buttons from the device to buttons the games recognize, and if the game only accepts touchscreen input, you'd be out of luck even then. As JoshLitwiller suggested, even with a means to map the gamepad's inputs to Pre keys, the only games likely to work are SDL ports like Doom, etc that utilize the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    As JoshLitwiller suggested, even with a means to map the gamepad's inputs to Pre keys, the only games likely to work are SDL ports like Doom, etc that utilize the keyboard.
    I'm thinking emulators.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast