Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Ok I was too impatient to wait at BB to have the Geek squad, 1) talk to me; and 2) install my Invisible Shield as many very reasonably suggested on this site. I did the install myself and am now a little worried.

there is a lot of streaking under the film. Will this go away eventually or is punishment for my impatience? Also, if I did screw up install, can you peel this thing off and try again.

Thanks
    i would not takem it off and re do,,most if not all bubbles or streaks will go away in a few weeks.
    I did it myself also. It will go away in 48 hours or less. Just be patient and do do anything.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Another question, do I really need to wait 12-48 hours to use phone as suggested in the instructions? You can probably notice a trend here. I am not very patient.
    i did not,just be careful how u handle
    I did mine at night before I went to bed, then used it normally the next day, with care because there were 2 or 3 bubbles.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just as you said, the phone looks and feels much better this morning. No streaks and the shield is less tacky to the touch. It still has that "orange peel" look when inspected closely, but my understanding is that is normal.
    Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigjenh View Post
    Another question, do I really need to wait 12-48 hours to use phone as suggested in the instructions? You can probably notice a trend here. I am not very patient.

I waited about 3 minutes after Best Buy put mine on. I was careful with it for teh next day but I still used it. No issues at all besides the guy at best buy who put it on for me, he had no idea what he was doing....and it still lokks pretty decent after a few days of "curing".