1.    #1  
    I have been using this headset to listen to music with my pre since I got the pre on launch day and all of a sudden (after 1.4 update) music can't be heard on the headset. However i can hear and talk to people with it so I know the built into the headset volume is at max. It is connected to the pre in both modes stereo and handsfree as it has always been in the past. Music will play through the pre's speaker if I disconnect the headset or turn bluetooth off or both. I have tried restarting the pre dozens of times connecting and disconnecting the headset dozens of times and deleting and pairing the headset again several times and still no go. Is there a solution to this or an I gonna have to go through a pain in the behind process of back and forth with tech support to try and find out how to fix it?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I just discovered the same problem with my Jabra SP700 car kit. When it connects it only initially with the phone. It used to play the music also.

The work around that I found was:

1. Connect the bluetooth device to the Pre.
    2. Touch on the bluetooth symbol on the pre to bring up the bluetooth menu.
    3. Select Bluetooth from menu options. You will now see a list of devices that you have synced with your pre.
    4. At the bottom of the list, select Bluetooth Preferences. this will bring up a card with a list of paired devices and an option to add a device.
    5. Select the device you are trying to play the music to. This will disconnect the device.
    6. Now select the same device again and the pre will connect to the device. Now the phone should be able to handle both music and phone through the bluetooth device.

For me this enabled me to listen to music and the phone through my carkit. I listen to Pandora.

Turning the bluetooth on and off did not help me nor did disconnecting and reconnecting the device from the initial dropdown menu. It has to be done from the bluetooth preferences card.

This is a pain but at least it does work. Don't know why they had to change it when it used to work well.

Hope this helps you.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately doing the method in the BT pref app doesn't work either. The strange this is that it is connected both for stereo and voice as per the icons shown in the BT prefs app before and after reconnecting. I don't know the proper channel to go through to contact palm tech support on the issue. I know I'll just spin my wheels going with sprint tech support since they are likely to not be trained to deal with such an issue. They never were able to provide decent tech support when I had problems with my blackberry (my device prior to the pre last year). I contacted palm over twitter and got a reply to send contact info but i think it got lost in the sea of twitter life as I have not heard back since. Not the best way I know but I don't know the proper channel to go through to get the help needed. I have had to make due with the stock wired headset which is not nearly as good of quality sound as the BT headset not to mention the annoyance of the wire.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am having this same same problem with my new Bluetooth headset!! I have a Motorolla S9-HD. It shows both music and phone icon, however I cannot listen to music, only can hear phone calls... WHAT CAN IT BE???